RE: Thread from Jan. 2021 - from voice to pulse

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking advice on how to measure and record noise infiltration into their yard and home. The discussion references a thread about a v2k unit and the individual is looking for an engineer to help gather evidence of the intrusion. The conversation concludes with a reminder to seek legal help for any court case related to the issue.
Cyn5463
TL;DR Summary
y2k
Trying to discern how to measure/record infiltration of noise into my yard/home. The thread referenced is v2k. Author of thread was trying to build a v2k unit, I believe. What type of engineer is needed to record/prove continual intrusion and what equipment is needed? Would appreciate some insight as to what's happening to us. Be kind, please. Aware of how this sounds.

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:
Cyn5463 said:
Summary:: y2k

The thread referenced is v2k.

I don't see any reference. Can you provide a link?

Do you want to measure sound level? There are many commercial sound meters and smartphone apps that can do that.

v2k as in "voice to skull"?

Likes Cyn5463
Cyn5463 said:
Summary:: y2k

Trying to discern how to measure/record infiltration of noise into my yard/home. The thread referenced is v2k. Author of thread was trying to build a v2k unit, I believe. What type of engineer is needed to record/prove continual intrusion and what equipment is needed? Would appreciate some insight as to what's happening to us. Be kind, please. Aware of how this sounds.
I did a forum search on y2k, v2k, and voice to pulse, and got nothing. Can you post a link to what you were reading?

And I second the smartphone idea for doing your initial recordings.

I need an engineer to test and prepare findings for court. The engineer would be able to present info and answer questions. I really appreciate your input. I thought you'd all think me crazy and not respond.

We are not able to help you with a court case or preparation. That is what your local lawyers and professional engineers are for. Please talk to your lawyer to get help in finding the appropriate professional engineer / expert witness. This thread is closed.

Likes davenn and Dale

1. How does voice technology work?

Voice technology works by using speech recognition software to convert spoken words into text. This text is then analyzed and processed by natural language processing algorithms to understand the meaning and intent behind the words. The technology also uses machine learning to improve its accuracy over time.

2. What is the difference between voice and pulse technology?

Voice technology refers to the use of spoken words to interact with technology, while pulse technology uses the pulse or heart rate to measure physiological responses. Voice technology is primarily used for communication and control, while pulse technology is used for biometric identification and health monitoring.

3. How accurate is pulse technology?

The accuracy of pulse technology depends on the specific device and its capabilities. Generally, pulse technology is highly accurate for measuring heart rate and other physiological responses. However, factors such as movement and environmental conditions can affect its accuracy.

4. What are the potential applications of pulse technology?

Pulse technology has a wide range of potential applications, including biometric identification for security purposes, health monitoring for medical purposes, and even emotional analysis for marketing and advertising. It can also be used in virtual reality and gaming to enhance the user experience.

5. Is pulse technology safe for use?

Pulse technology is generally considered safe for use, as it does not emit any harmful radiation or have any known negative effects on the body. However, as with any technology, it is important to use it responsibly and follow recommended usage guidelines to avoid potential risks or adverse effects.