Ready to try acoustic levitation at home? What equipment do I need?

In summary, the conversation was about starting to experiment with acoustic levitation and the necessary equipment needed. The speaker was unsure of where to post their question and also asked for advice on what transducers, waveform generator, amplifier, and other equipment would be needed. They shared an image for reference and mentioned wanting to do it as a DIY project. The conversation ended with the speaker being directed to a DIY article and being warned about the potential dangers of high decibel levels.
ElectricPaint
Hello everyone,
I would like to start playing around with acoustic levitation.
Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum... I psoted in General, as I am not sure where the best place would be for this.

My question:
What equipment would be needed to start a simple acoustic levitation?
I have no idea what "transducers" to acquire.
And would I then need a waveform generator?
Anything else?
An amplifier?

I attach an image for reference... that's basically what I'm trying to do.
Nothing laboratory grade... more "home tinknering".

All advice is greatly appreciated!
gclOxAv.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
Hadn't seen this!
Thank you!

Will check up on it and post back here.

1. What is acoustic levitation start?

Acoustic levitation start is a scientific method of using sound waves to lift and suspend objects in mid-air, without the use of physical support or contact.

2. How does acoustic levitation start work?

Acoustic levitation start works by using ultrasonic sound waves to create pressure nodes and anti-nodes in the air, which can then be manipulated to suspend and move objects through the use of carefully controlled sound frequencies and intensities.

3. What are the applications of acoustic levitation start?

Acoustic levitation start has various applications in scientific research, such as in materials testing, drug development, and biological studies. It is also used in the manufacturing and processing of delicate materials, such as pharmaceuticals and electronic components.

4. Is acoustic levitation start safe?

Acoustic levitation start is generally considered safe, as it does not involve any physical contact or force. However, precautions should be taken when working with high intensity sound waves, as they can still cause damage to human tissue.

5. Can acoustic levitation start be used to levitate larger objects?

Currently, acoustic levitation start is limited to suspending objects of relatively small sizes, typically no larger than a few centimeters. However, ongoing research and advancements may eventually lead to the levitation of larger objects in the future.