Real Experiment-MCBEND Simulation

gxa
TL;DR Summary
Normalization for simulation results
Do I need to apply normalization these two graphs to make them similar to each other and if so, how can I do this? I would be very grateful if you can help me if these results are consistent. I compared the results of the experiment and the results of the mcbend simulation.

Attachments

• 60Co-5cm-Energy-count graph.xlsx
    657.9 KB · Views: 59
Engineering news on Phys.org
gxa said:
TL;DR Summary: Normalization for simulation results

Do I need to apply normalization these two graphs to make them similar to each other and if so, how can I do this? I would be very grateful if you can help me if these results are consistent. I compared the results of the experiment and the results of the mcbend simulation.
It's best not to post documents that can contain macros, like Word or Excel documents. It's better to upload a PDF or JPEG image of your work to help folks understand your question.

Is this for MCNP work? If so, I can move the thread to the Nuclear Engineering forum, where such questions usually go. Finally, is this for schoolwork? What is the context of the question? Thanks.

Got it, thanks. Can you move my question to nuclear engineering section and this is not a homework. Also, I added the necessary graphics for my question as a picture again.

Attachments

• graph.PNG
    graph.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 58
Likes berkeman
What do you want to learn from your data? Where does it come from?

It's possible the simulation hasn't been scaled to match the expected experimental result. In that case a normalization is useful. If you want to normalize to the same integral, or same integral of a peak, or something else, will depend on your experiment and your data analysis goal.

yes, I did not scale the data. what I want to do is to make the graphs similar. But I don't know exactly how to make normalization

gxa said:
what I want to do is to make the graphs similar.
Similar in what way, for what purpose?

Your experimental graph doesn't have the same shape as the theoretical one so they won't match up nicely no matter what you do.

I think my code is the same as the environment I have set up. I am investigating the accuracy of the simulation. These are the measurements of my detector and I added my code
1692791605783.png

Attachments

• BEGIN CONTROL DATA.pdf
    68.3 KB · Views: 56

1. What is MCBEND simulation and how does it work?

MCBEND (Monte Carlo Based Electron, Neutron and Photon Transport) simulation is a computational method used to simulate the transport of particles such as electrons, neutrons, and photons through a material or system. It works by using random sampling techniques to model the probability of interactions between particles and matter, and then tracks the particles' paths and energy deposition.

2. What are the advantages of using MCBEND simulation in experiments?

MCBEND simulation allows for a detailed and accurate representation of particle transport and interactions in a system, which can be difficult or impossible to achieve through physical experiments. It also allows for the study of complex systems without the need for physical prototypes, saving time and resources.

3. How does MCBEND simulation compare to other simulation methods?

MCBEND simulation is a type of Monte Carlo simulation, which is a widely used and accepted method for simulating particle transport. Compared to other simulation methods, MCBEND is known for its high accuracy and flexibility in modeling complex systems.

4. Can MCBEND simulation be used for all types of experiments?

No, MCBEND simulation is best suited for experiments involving the transport of particles through materials or systems. It is commonly used in fields such as nuclear engineering, medical physics, and radiation protection, but may not be suitable for experiments that involve chemical reactions or other types of phenomena.

5. How can MCBEND simulation results be validated?

MCBEND simulation results can be validated by comparing them to experimental data or results from other simulation methods. This can help ensure the accuracy and reliability of the simulation and identify any potential errors or limitations. Additionally, sensitivity analysis can be performed to assess the impact of different input parameters on the results.