Relation between Dirac's equation density matrix and current with spin

In summary, the conversation discusses the extraction of the probability and current matrices from the Dirac 1D equation for a free particle, and the potential relation of the current to the spin of the particle. The speaker also inquires about how to extract the spin from the current matrix.
forofo
TL;DR Summary
After computind dirac 1D equation for a free particle particle I get 2 matrixs. From both,them I extract the probablity matrix and the current matrix. I'm asking how to extract the two singles values for the spin up and down from there, those that used in quantum computing, the states .
After computind dirac 1D equation time dependant for a free particle particle I get 2 matrixs. From both,them I extract:
1) the probablity matrix P =ps1 * ps1 + psi2 *psi2
2) the current matrix J = np.conj(psi1)*psi2+np.conj(psi2)*psi1
jp.JPG

I think that current is related to electricity, and since we are talking about a single free particle, it must have a relation with the spin drawed in the bloch sphere with the two single values or states, that represent the probaility for spin up or down, So how do I extract these 2 values from this matrix J.
jpdibu.JPG
how to extract the spin to this
spindibu.JPG

clik here to see the source code in phyton

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but it seems like you're asking how to extract the spin from the current matrix J. If this is the case, then the answer would depend on how the current matrix J is defined in the code. If it is defined in terms of the probability matrix P, then the spin can be extracted from the probability matrix P using the formula S = P*sign(P).

1. What is Dirac's equation and how does it relate to density matrix and current with spin?

Dirac's equation is a relativistic quantum mechanical equation that describes the behavior of fermions, such as electrons. It relates to density matrix and current with spin through its incorporation of spin into the equation, allowing for the prediction of spin-dependent properties of particles.

2. How does Dirac's equation differ from other quantum mechanical equations?

Dirac's equation differs from other quantum mechanical equations, such as the Schrödinger equation, in that it is a relativistic equation that takes into account the effects of special relativity. It also incorporates spin into its formulation, making it more accurate in predicting the behavior of fermions.

3. What is the role of the density matrix in Dirac's equation?

The density matrix, also known as the density operator, is a mathematical tool used in quantum mechanics to describe the state of a quantum system. In Dirac's equation, the density matrix is used to calculate the probability of finding a particle with a certain spin state at a given time.

4. How is current with spin related to Dirac's equation?

Current with spin is a physical quantity that describes the flow of particles with a specific spin orientation. In Dirac's equation, the current with spin can be calculated using the density matrix and the spinor wave function, which is a solution to the equation.

5. What are the practical applications of understanding the relation between Dirac's equation, density matrix, and current with spin?

Understanding the relation between Dirac's equation, density matrix, and current with spin is crucial in many areas of physics, such as quantum computing, quantum information processing, and materials science. It also has practical applications in technology, such as in the development of spin-based devices for data storage and processing.