Relationships: What's Important - Happiness or Purpose?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the person is not good for the long term and you would not be happy in a long term relationship with them.
Ask questions in the GIRL TROUBLE thread, people!

Physics news on Phys.org
But Lisa! doesn't have girl troubles... she is girl trouble! (Sorry, I couldn't resist! :biggrin:)

Lisa! said:
:smile:
Ok ok don't get angry! I hope you see her face to face very soon or try to see her face to face and then ask her out! You guys might not be lazy but girls(at least me) are very impatient...:blushing:

i still think you guys are very lazy. You don't say anything as long as you have the opportunity aand just try to do something when it's more difficult to do something...:rolleyes:
Yah, Hurkyl isn't lazy. He just thinks a lot. But like I always say, if you insist on thinking and being rational, you'll be single all of your life.

Lisa! said:
Ah it's really annoying when you guys love someone but you just don't go telling the person straightly. I mean you finally do but sometimes that's too late! Lazy guys...:devil: sometimes it seems you expect the girl to ask you out 1st and when she doesn't well you do it but very late...:biggrin:
Lisa, most guys suffer to some extent from fear of rejection. Escalating shows of affection in small steps is the only way to proceed because if a small escalation is rejected then it hurts less than an out and out declaration of love being rejected.

If you like a guy who is proceeding this way with you you can cut through hours and days of misery for both of you by being the first one to make an unmistakable show of strong feelings.

honestrosewater said:
YBut like I always say, if you insist on thinking and being rational, you'll be single all of your life.
AMEN! You are wise beyond your years!

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
If you like a guy who is proceeding this way with you you can cut through hours and days of misery for both of you by being the first one to make an unmistakable show of strong feelings.
Not always. Sometimes they MAKE YOU CRAZY. They run hot and cold so you can never figure out where you stand with them. AAAARGGGGGHHH

Well I think that both sexes agree that the other sex needs to make more of an effort to be clear and timely. I just think that it doesn't necessarily have to be the male who makes the first move.

Lisa! said:
And if you're in a physics forum and can't understand what's the subject of a thread, you must be in a wrnog place! From now on, off topic posts aren't really welcome since I don't have time to read them...

OH IM SORRY "RELATIONSHIPS", not love... SEMANTICS 4 THE WIN!111

Evo said:
Sometimes they MAKE YOU CRAZY. They run hot and cold so you can never figure out where you stand with them.
But of course, that can be true of anyone, not just one particular type.

Moonbear said:
I think what you describe in the OP, of a person who is cute and fun to be around, but maybe not long-term relationship material, is what I call a "fling." No harm in having fun together, and sometimes the longer you spend together and get to know each other, the more you grow together and find that a long term relationship can develop. I don't think you ever meet someone on the first day and think they're the person you're going to marry. You get there more gradually.
Eh, I guess this guy doesn't have the potential to be in long-term relationship with me! The nice thing about him is that he's very cute. I mean he's naughty but polite and he's very easygoing about what I tell him.
well,you know I'm not nice with guys most of the time. I mean I always care about what I'm telling to women since I don't want to offend them but I just don't know how on Earth I get the stupid idea that men don't mind ,no matter how rude you behave towards them!

Wishbone said:
OH IM SORRY "RELATIONSHIPS", not love... SEMANTICS 4 THE WIN!111
Nope, that's not the case. I meant I'm not here to learn about love, I just want people to share their experiences with me. well, that's helpful most of the time, although in most cases I prefer to have my own experiences and learn from my own mistakes and experiences...