Relief of Complex Gamma Fcn — was this hand drawn?

However, it's also possible that an artist or draftsman created the plots based on the direction of a mathematician. The quality of hand-drawn charts can be quite impressive, as demonstrated by Charles Minard's famous Napoleon chart. Ultimately, it's difficult to determine for sure without knowing the publication date of the book.
benorin
Homework Helper
Insights Author
A23AF922-2BB4-46C1-98C6-D26F539A5601.jpeg

This pic is from an older text called Tables of Higher Functions (interestingly both in German first then English second) that I jumped at buying from some niche bookstore for $40. Was this hand drawn? I think I’ve seen was it that mathegraphix or something like that linked by @fresh_42 somewhere on PF that had an example plot similar to these.

Science news on Phys.org
I guess it depends on when the book was published, but my guess is it was hand drawn by an artist versed in math or at the direction of a mathematician. Or a draftsman drew it getting the perspective accurate.

As an example of the quality of hand-drawn charts here's Charles Minard's famous Napoleon chart:

https://datavizblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/map-full-size1.png

But I could be wrong about it too.

Yes, it looks like this was hand drawn. Mathegraphix is a software program that allows for the creation of mathematical plots, so it's possible that the author used that program to create the plots in this text. The style does look similar to what I've seen from Mathegraphix.

1. What is the Relief of Complex Gamma Function?

The Relief of Complex Gamma Function, also known as the Riemann-Siegel function, is a mathematical function used to approximate the values of the Gamma function for complex numbers. It is particularly useful for calculating the values of the Gamma function in the critical strip, where the real part of the complex number is between 0 and 1.

2. How is the Relief of Complex Gamma Function calculated?

The Relief of Complex Gamma Function is calculated using a combination of numerical methods and analytical approximations. It involves summing an infinite series of terms, where each term is a product of trigonometric functions and exponential functions. The series is then truncated at a certain point to obtain an accurate approximation of the Gamma function.

3. What is the significance of the Relief of Complex Gamma Function?

The Relief of Complex Gamma Function is significant in the field of number theory and complex analysis. It is used to study the distribution of prime numbers and has applications in various areas of mathematics, including Fourier analysis and the Riemann zeta function.

4. Was the Relief of Complex Gamma Function hand-drawn?

No, the Relief of Complex Gamma Function was not hand-drawn. It is a mathematical function that is calculated using numerical and analytical methods. However, it can be visualized through graphs and plots, which may have been hand-drawn by mathematicians for illustrative purposes.

5. How accurate is the Relief of Complex Gamma Function?

The accuracy of the Relief of Complex Gamma Function depends on the number of terms used in the series approximation. The more terms that are included, the more accurate the approximation will be. However, due to the infinite nature of the series, it is not possible to obtain an exact value for the Gamma function using this method.