Replace a Track roller bearing with a Sleeved Bush bearing

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of continuous failure of a track roller due to excess loading and the need for an appropriate bush bearing with specific requirements for bearing pressure, sliding speed, and friction coefficient. The person asks for suggestions for a suitable bearing and mentions checking catalogs of standard bearing manufacturers but finding that the required configurations are not available. A possible solution is suggested of using a heavy-duty linear slide from companies such as NB, THK, or NSK. The person responds with gratitude for the information but notes that the necessary dimensions are not available in the standard product range and is looking for a replacement for a FARO make bearing with higher capacity.
Karthikeyan SR
Hi.

I have issue of continuous failure of Track roller because of excess loading.
I am looking for bush bearing with bearing pressure with 150 to 200 MPa @ 0.144 m/sec sliding speed & Friction coefficient shall be max 0.1.
I will install a sleeve on the bush bearing & use it as a roller .
Can anyone suggest an appropriate bearing ?

I verified the catalogs of standard bearing manufacturers . The bearing pressure reduces drastically w.r.t sliding speed. The reason may be due to increased heat generation.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the info.

I checked the catalogs . The required configurations ( dimensions ) is not available in the standard product range.
I am looking for a replacement of a FARO make bearing 2.2149 with higher capacity (35 to 40 Tons).
http://faro-bearings.com/catalogues/

Regards

1. What is the purpose of replacing a track roller bearing with a sleeved bush bearing?

The purpose of replacing a track roller bearing with a sleeved bush bearing is to improve the performance and durability of the bearing system. Sleeved bush bearings have a larger surface area and can distribute load more evenly, resulting in reduced friction and longer lifespan.

2. What are the key differences between a track roller bearing and a sleeved bush bearing?

The main difference between track roller bearings and sleeved bush bearings is the design. Track roller bearings have a cylindrical outer ring and a ball or roller element, while sleeved bush bearings have a plain cylindrical design with no rolling elements. Additionally, track roller bearings are typically used in high load and high-speed applications, while sleeved bush bearings are more suitable for low to medium load and low-speed applications.

3. Can any track roller bearing be replaced with a sleeved bush bearing?

No, not all track roller bearings can be replaced with sleeved bush bearings. The compatibility of the two depends on the design and requirements of the application. It is best to consult with a bearing expert to determine if a sleeved bush bearing is suitable for your specific application.

4. What are the potential benefits of using a sleeved bush bearing instead of a track roller bearing?

Switching to a sleeved bush bearing can offer several benefits, including longer bearing life, reduced friction and wear, improved load distribution, and lower maintenance costs. Additionally, sleeved bush bearings are typically more economical than track roller bearings, making them a cost-effective solution for many applications.

5. Are there any special considerations when replacing a track roller bearing with a sleeved bush bearing?

Yes, there are a few things to keep in mind when replacing a track roller bearing with a sleeved bush bearing. First, make sure to select a sleeved bush bearing with the appropriate load capacity for your application. Additionally, proper lubrication is crucial for the performance and longevity of sleeved bush bearings. Finally, ensure that the installation process is done correctly to avoid any issues or premature failure.

Back