Resolving an Allen Breadly PLC Fault: Help Needed!

• Thread starter Arifur
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fault Plc
In summary: Reboot the PLC.The PLC is rebooted.In summary, the PLC is trying to tell you it's broken and needs to be fixed.
Arifur
Hi, everybody today I have got a problem in my Allen Breadly PLC which is after getting emergency HMI shows emergency button pressed and after pull the emergency it can't reset and it was noticed that Plc fault indicator shows blinking. I have checked all corresponding issue & make all things right but the fault indicator still blinking.

Anybody please help me to rectify this fault.
Note: The Plc is MicroLogic 1400.

Your co operation will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Arifur said:
Hi, everybody today I have got a problem in my Allen Breadly PLC which is after getting emergency HMI shows emergency button pressed and after pull the emergency it can't reset and it was noticed that Plc fault indicator shows blinking. I have checked all corresponding issue & make all things right but the fault indicator still blinking.

Anybody please help me to rectify this fault.
Note: The Plc is MicroLogic 1400.

Your co operation will be highly appreciated.

Can you call MicroLogic technical support?

No technical support is not available here.

Pure speculation here...

Does the e-stop circuit kill power to the plc?

If so, on power up when the e-stop was cleared a fault bit may have been set. Check the s: data table for a set PLC fault bit. If the condition is cleared you may be able to simply set it back to 0. Also if it is an ongoing nuisance problem you could SSV the bit to 0 on first scan or power up. Just make sure it is not a "real" problem with the processor or programming.

Likes berkeman
As Montoya said, make sure it's not a real problem. The PLC is trying to tell you it's broken. Your ability to diagnose may be too limited in the field.

Bypassing the warning without fixing the problem may cause more damage.

Good luck.

Likes berkeman
Thanks to all of you for help,
but the Plc power is on and the fault indicator floushing, from the Plc manual it's for application fault and it can minimized. So, please help me to minimize this.
If there are any hardware failure then the fault indicator should solid on.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand. PLC power is on and a fault is indicated by a flashing LED on the front of the processor. Everything I said still applies.

Do you have access to the PLC program and can you view the data tables? RSLogix?

If you don't you need to get someone with the ability to access the PLC software. The problem may not be solvable from the normal HMI.

In that case, maybe all you need to do is reboot. Disconnect it from all power, wait one minute, then connect again.

Related to Resolving an Allen Breadly PLC Fault: Help Needed!

Question 1: What is a PLC fault and why does it occur?

A PLC fault is an error or malfunction in the Allen Bradley PLC system. It can occur due to a variety of reasons such as power surges, hardware failure, or programming errors.

Question 2: How can I identify the specific fault in my Allen Bradley PLC system?

The first step is to check the fault log on the PLC display or software. This will provide information about the type of fault and its location within the system. You can also refer to the user manual for troubleshooting tips.

Question 3: What are some common ways to resolve an Allen Bradley PLC fault?

Some common methods include resetting the PLC, checking the wiring and connections, replacing faulty hardware components, and reprogramming the system. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and consult with an expert if needed.

Question 4: How can I prevent future PLC faults from occurring?

Regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent faults. It is also important to follow proper installation procedures and use high-quality components. Keeping backups of the PLC program can also be helpful in case of a fault.

Question 5: What should I do if I am unable to resolve the PLC fault on my own?

If you are unable to resolve the fault after following troubleshooting steps, it is best to consult with a certified technician or the manufacturer's technical support. They will be able to provide further assistance and guidance.