Resource help for co-ordinate geometry

In summary: What I meant was that it's too advanced. It's like stretched out over a whole bunch of pre requisites and side topics which makes it harder to cover during a short amount of time. Well it's fine, I'll look it up.Thanks for the link, looks very usefull.
Mr X
TL;DR Summary
Can someone provide me with some free resources (classes, books, notes anything) for co-ordinator geometry?
Can someone provide me with some free resources (classes, books, notes, sites anything) for co-ordinator geometry?
I want to study it from the basics while understanding the logic of every step and build upto start of collage level.
Note ; non free resources are welcome too, but free resources would be preferred
Thankyou in advance

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Mr X said:
TL;DR Summary: Can someone provide me with some free resources (classes, books, notes anything) for co-ordinator geometry?

Can someone provide me with some free resources (classes, books, notes, sites anything) for co-ordinator geometry?
I want to study it from the basics while understanding the logic of every step and build upto start of collage level.
Note ; non free resources are welcome too, but free resources would be preferred
Thankyou in advance
Have you thought about something like this (esp. chapters 7,9ff.)?
https://assets.openstax.org/oscms-prodcms/media/documents/Algebra-and-Trigonometry-2e-WEB.pdf

Likes Mr X and FactChecker
fresh_42 said:
Have you thought about something like this (esp. chapters 7,9ff.)?
https://assets.openstax.org/oscms-prodcms/media/documents/Algebra-and-Trigonometry-2e-WEB.pdf
While this is usefull, this isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I need something that's more focused on the graphs and equations of graphs, how they're derived, the calculations, applications etc. Starting from the basics like stright lines and dots and all.

Mr X said:
While this is usefull, this isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I need something that's more focused on the graphs and equations of graphs, how they're derived, the calculations, applications etc. Starting from the basics like stright lines and dots and all.
That would be the chapters at the beginning, e.g. chapter 2 and 3.
Other books are here: https://openstax.org/subjects/math

I don't think you can get more basic than these.

Likes Mr X and FactChecker
fresh_42 said:
That would be the chapters at the beginning, e.g. chapter 2 and 3.
Other books are here: https://openstax.org/subjects/math

I don't think you can get more basic than these.
What I meant wasn't that it's too advanced. It's like stretched out over a whole bunch of pre requisites and side topics which makes it harder to cover during a short amount of time. Well it's fine, I'll look it up.
Thanks for the link, looks very usefull.

What is co-ordinate geometry?

Co-ordinate geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of geometric figures using a system of numbers or coordinates. It involves the use of algebraic equations and graphs to represent and analyze geometric shapes and their properties.

What are the basic concepts in co-ordinate geometry?

The basic concepts in co-ordinate geometry include points, lines, slopes, distance, and equations. Points are represented by ordered pairs of numbers (x,y) and lines are represented by linear equations in the form of y=mx+b. Slope is a measure of the steepness of a line, while distance is the measurement between two points. Equations are used to represent geometric figures and their properties.

What are the main applications of co-ordinate geometry?

Co-ordinate geometry has various applications in different fields such as physics, engineering, architecture, and computer graphics. It is used to solve problems related to position, motion, and distance in these fields. It is also used in designing and analyzing geometric shapes and structures.

What are some helpful resources for learning co-ordinate geometry?

There are many helpful resources available for learning co-ordinate geometry, such as textbooks, online tutorials, practice problems, and interactive games. Some popular resources include Khan Academy, Mathisfun, and Mathplanet. It is also helpful to practice problems and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.

What are some common challenges when learning co-ordinate geometry?

Some common challenges when learning co-ordinate geometry include understanding the abstract concepts, memorizing formulas, and applying them to solve problems. It is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed. It may also be helpful to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable steps.