Rite away , might be losing my mind

• Thread starter kaldso1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, a skier moving at 23.0 m/s down a 24.0 degree slope encounters a region of wet snow with a coefficient of friction of 0.680. The problem involves using a free body diagram and Newton's second law to find the distance the skier goes before stopping. Knowing the angle of the slope and the acceleration due to gravity, the answer can be easily calculated.
kaldso1
please help rite away , might be losing my mind

A skier moves at 23.0 m/s down a 24.0 degree slope and encounters a region of wet snow, where the coefficient of friction = 0.680. How far down the slope does she go before stopping?

thats how the problem is exactly, i drew a free body diagram and gots no clue where to go from there please help me ne body SOMEBODY!

Physics news on Phys.org

Is it 24.0deg with respect to vertical or horizontal?...and have you also worked with gravity?

its horizontal... watya mean

The next step after the FBD is always to write out Newton's second law for both the x and y directions, then solve the system of equations. Can you see why the answer becomes easy to get after you get the acceleration?

Related to Rite away , might be losing my mind

What is "Rite away, might be losing my mind" about?

"Rite away, might be losing my mind" is a phrase that suggests feeling overwhelmed or stressed in a situation.

Is "Rite away, might be losing my mind" a scientific term?

No, "Rite away, might be losing my mind" is not a scientific term. It is a colloquial phrase used to express feelings of stress or confusion.

Can stress lead to losing one's mind?

Chronic stress has been linked to a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety and depression, but it is unlikely to cause someone to literally lose their mind.

How can one cope with feeling overwhelmed or stressed?

There are many coping strategies for dealing with stress, such as exercise, mindfulness practices, talking to a therapist, and creating a support system of friends and family.

Is there a scientific explanation for feeling overwhelmed or stressed?

Yes, feeling overwhelmed or stressed is a natural response to challenging or overwhelming situations. It is a result of the body's fight or flight response, triggered by the release of stress hormones.