Rolling in the Higgs: A Physics-Themed Parody of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep

In summary, a link to a physics-themed a capella parody of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" was shared on a forum. The poster mentioned that people at CERN have been watching it and it was a nice find for those interested in both physics and a capella. The link to the video was also provided.
cephron
(Note to the mods:
This post is a link to an art piece concerning the Higgs boson, and not an actual question. I looked though the boards, trying to figure out the appropriate place to post it, and this board seemed most likely. If it doesn't belong on this board, please forgive me and move it to where it should be. Thanks!)

This physics-themed a capella parody of Adele's "Rolling in the deep" is too good. Apparently, if you read the comments, people at CERN have been watching it! xD
I bet a number of us have seen it already, but for those who haven't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtItBX1l1VY

Physics news on Phys.org
Hah! Nice find. Thanks for sharing! Right up my alley: I both majored in physics and directed an a cappella group in college :cool:

1. What is "Rolling in the Higgs"?

"Rolling in the Higgs" is a parody song of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with lyrics that relate to physics and the Higgs boson particle.

2. Who wrote and performed "Rolling in the Higgs"?

The song was written and performed by a group of physicists and science enthusiasts known as the "Symmetry Breaking Band".

3. What is the significance of the Higgs boson particle in physics?

The Higgs boson is a fundamental particle in the Standard Model of particle physics. It is responsible for giving other particles their mass, and its discovery in 2012 confirmed the existence of the Higgs field, which is crucial for our understanding of the universe.

4. How does "Rolling in the Higgs" relate to the original song by Adele?

The parody song uses the same melody and structure as Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", but the lyrics have been changed to incorporate physics concepts and terminology.

5. Is "Rolling in the Higgs" educational or just for entertainment?

The song is a fun and creative way to introduce and explain the complex topic of the Higgs boson and its significance in physics. It can be used as an educational tool or simply enjoyed as a humorous parody.