Rotating electrical mahines

In summary: When the electric fields of the stator and rotor "will have a tendency to align", the interaction between them generates magnetic torque.
ranju
Here , I want to clear about the cause of electromagnetic or interaction torque.>! I am confused in two things..
I read that the flux produced by stator coil & rotor coil interacts , the interaction give rise to electromagnetic torque..
But how this interaction produce torque..?? Is it like this- " the 2 flux (stator & rotor) generate 2 forces (couple) which tend to rotate the coil , which is the electromagnetic torque..??

And the second reason of electromagnetic torque I'hv read is .. the 2 flux rotor & stator flux produce their north & south poles individually..The stator S pole attracts rotor N pole & repels rotor S pole , resulting in clockwise torque.Similarly , stator N pole attracts rotor s pole & repels rotor N pole , resulting again in clockwise torque. The total torque developed is called electromagnetic torque.
Now are'nt these two different reasons..?? I am not able to relate the two , what actually is leading to electromagnetic torque..?? Please explain..

Engineering news on Phys.org
ranju said:
Here , I want to clear about the cause of electromagnetic or interaction torque.>! I am confused in two things..
I read that the flux produced by stator coil & rotor coil interacts , the interaction give rise to electromagnetic torque..
But how this interaction produce torque..?? Is it like this- " the 2 flux (stator & rotor) generate 2 forces (couple) which tend to rotate the coil , which is the electromagnetic torque..??

And the second reason of electromagnetic torque I'hv read is .. the 2 flux rotor & stator flux produce their north & south poles individually..The stator S pole attracts rotor N pole & repels rotor S pole , resulting in clockwise torque.Similarly , stator N pole attracts rotor s pole & repels rotor N pole , resulting again in clockwise torque. The total torque developed is called electromagnetic torque.
Now are'nt these two different reasons..?? I am not able to relate the two , what actually is leading to electromagnetic torque..?? Please explain..
When you read about electric machines, 'flux' is often synonymous with 'magnetic field lines', and is not to be confused with the scalar magnetic flux. Sometimes it's replaced by 'flux lines' to avoid the ambiguity.

A 'pole' is a way to describe a region of space where magnetic field lines either emerge from or enter, which, by convention, are given the names 'north' and 'south', respectively. Maybe you've seen an illustration like this:

bar.gif

So if you accept that the magnetic fields of the stator and rotor "will have a tendency to align", the descriptions you gave are really just one and the same.

Even for me it was really very confusing to know between both things i.e electromagnetic or interaction torque. But Now milesyoung have explained it very nicely and with the help of this diagram with names 'north' and 'south', the concepts are more cleared. More similar information I have got here at http://www.airdexinc.com

1. What is a rotating electrical machine?

A rotating electrical machine is a device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy or vice versa. It typically consists of a rotor, stator, and electrical connections.

2. What are the different types of rotating electrical machines?

The three main types are DC machines, synchronous machines, and induction machines. DC machines use direct current and are commonly used in electric motors. Synchronous machines use alternating current and are often used in power generation. Induction machines also use alternating current and are commonly used in electric motors and generators.

3. What are the main components of a rotating electrical machine?

The main components are the stator, rotor, and electrical connections. The stator is the stationary part of the machine and contains the windings that produce a magnetic field. The rotor is the rotating part of the machine and contains the conductors that interact with the stator's magnetic field. The electrical connections provide the power source for the machine.

4. How do rotating electrical machines work?

Rotating electrical machines work on the principle of electromagnetic induction. When an electrical current is passed through the windings in the stator, it creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field interacts with the conductors in the rotor, causing it to rotate. The rotation of the rotor creates a changing magnetic field, which induces an electrical current in the stator windings.

5. What are the applications of rotating electrical machines?

Rotating electrical machines have a wide range of applications, including electric motors for various machinery, generators for power generation, and in renewable energy systems such as wind turbines and hydroelectric power plants. They are also used in household appliances, transportation, and industrial equipment.