Round of PF updates coming Friday

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks for all the work you do!Nifty new style Greg. :bow: Thanks for all the work you do!In summary, holidays and weekends are the best time to get site updates done, as there are fewer people online to catch any mistakes. The forum and Insight blog will be updated on Friday night, with about 10 minutes of expected downtime. However, there may be some delays, as the updates did not go as smoothly as planned. The new style was also implemented, with some ongoing issues that will be addressed.
Holidays weekends are the best time to get site updates done. Fewer people are on to catch any mistakes :biggrin:

Friday night I'll be doing a round of updates to the forum and Insight blog. No exciting features or visual changes. Just some bug squashing and optimization fixes. There will be about 10 minutes downtime. I'll post more when the time draws closer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wednesday (like the title) or Friday (like the text)?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Fewer people are on to catch any mistakes :biggrin:

Vanadium 50 said:

You got to get up pretty early to slip something by V50 :oldwink:.

Vanadium 50 said:
Friday haha. Looked at my calendar after I made the title and saw Friday works better :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Holidays weekends are the best time to get site updates done. Fewer people are on to catch any mistakes
Looks like that concept generalizes to announcements about site updates...
:oldbiggrin:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
It is also harder to spot downtimes if you don't know when they will happen.

mfb said:
It is also harder to spot downtimes if you don't know when they will happen.

And if they're short enough. If it turns into a four-hour Murphy's Law downtime, on the other hand...

Greg Bernhardt said:
Update delayed till next week. This holiday weekend is turning busy :)

You just ate waaaay too much turkey, admit it!

{tryptophan kicking in}

Zz.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
... There will be about 10 minutes downtime.
I never cease to be amazed by your optimism :DD

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm now targeting this coming Friday the 4th at night to do the updates.
Darn. I thought they were done because a day or two ago I could not get PF to connect. My browser said the site was either down or experiencing extremely long delays. It only lasted for a little while after I tried the site but I assumed it was your upgrade going on. Oh, well. Another outage to look forward to on Friday.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Forum will be closing for updates in roughly 1 hour. Expect 10-20 minutes of downtime.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Expect 10-20 minutes of downtime.
Now, usually, when you say something like that you get one of my smart-ass remarks. This time I'm not going to say anything. Nothing at all. I'm not going to say a word. I'm going to do nothing at all to cast aspersion on your optimism. I'm not even going to respond to your post.

At all.

Not a word.

Likes jim mcnamara and Greg Bernhardt
Sorry for the extra downtime. The update of course did not go as smoothly as I thought. There are still some issues with the style that I need to work on, but for now we are stable.

Need to finish a few things tonight. Hopefully not more than 5-10min downtime.

Nifty new style Greg. :bow:

Likes StevieTNZ

Related to Round of PF updates coming Friday

1. What is a "Round of PF updates"?

A "Round of PF updates" refers to a periodic update or release of new features, bug fixes, or improvements to a software program called "Planet Fitness" (PF). This update may include changes to the user interface, functionality, or performance of the program.

2. When is the next "Round of PF updates" coming?

The next "Round of PF updates" is scheduled to be released on Friday. This means that the new updates will be available for users to download and use on Friday.

3. How often do "Round of PF updates" occur?

The frequency of "Round of PF updates" can vary, but typically they occur every few months. This allows the developers to gather feedback from users and make necessary changes before releasing the updates.

4. Can I opt out of the "Round of PF updates"?

Yes, you can choose not to download and install the "Round of PF updates" if you prefer to use the current version of the program. However, it is recommended to keep your software up-to-date to ensure optimal performance and security.

5. How do I know what changes are included in the "Round of PF updates"?

The Planet Fitness team typically provides a list of changes and updates included in the "Round of PF updates" on their website or through the program itself. You can also check the program's release notes or contact customer support for more information.