Sample code/tutorial for simple, educational, physics java applets?

In summary, the conversation revolved around creating visual simulations using physics equations and Java programming. The person was specifically interested in particle motions and preferred code examples over automatic code generators or IDEs. They also expressed gratitude for being introduced to applet codes on a website called ultrastudio.org.
Buzzworks
Something like this:

http://www.falstad.com/vector/

Particularly concerned with particle motions. I don't know how to begin with using physics equations for creating simple java visual simulations. Can be 2D or 3D.

I know some java programming so I'd prefer code examples than automatic code generators/IDEs. thanks!

Technology news on Phys.org
crapworks said:
Something like this:

http://www.falstad.com/vector/

Particularly concerned with particle motions. I don't know how to begin with using physics equations for creating simple java visual simulations. Can be 2D or 3D.

I know some java programming so I'd prefer code examples than automatic code generators/IDEs. thanks!

www.ultrastudio.org

stallionx said:

Fantastic m8! For the first time I'm seeing the applet codes! Appreciate it!:wink:

1. What is a java applet?

A java applet is a small program written in the Java programming language that is designed to be embedded within a web page. It can be used to create interactive and dynamic content on websites.

2. How can I get started with creating a physics java applet?

To get started with creating a physics java applet, you will need to have a basic understanding of the Java programming language and its syntax. You can then use a Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse or NetBeans to write and test your code. There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help guide you through the process.

3. What are some common features of a physics java applet?

Some common features of a physics java applet include interactive simulations, animations, and visual representations of physical concepts such as motion, forces, and energy. They can also include user input and feedback, as well as the ability to adjust parameters and variables to observe different outcomes.

4. Are there any specific libraries or APIs that are useful for creating physics java applets?

Yes, there are several libraries and APIs that can be helpful for creating physics java applets. Some popular ones include the Java 2D API for graphics and animation, the Java Swing API for creating user interfaces, and the JOGL (Java OpenGL) library for 3D graphics and simulations. It is important to research and choose the appropriate libraries for your specific project.

5. Can I use java applets to teach physics concepts to students?

Yes, java applets can be a great tool for teaching physics concepts to students. They provide a visual and interactive way for students to explore and understand complex physical concepts. They can be used in both traditional classroom settings and for self-study purposes.