Schuam's Outlines and ap books

• Thread starter johnnyies
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ap Books
In summary, the Schaum's series is highly recommended for supplementing college level physics and calculus courses. They focus more on problem solving rather than theory, making them a valuable resource for students. However, it is important to note that there may be some errors in the content. For additional practice, the textbook study guides from the University Physics series are also a helpful supplement.
johnnyies
has anyone used these books for supplements? I'm looking preferably at college physics and calculus. I want less theory and more problem solving, do these books help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Absolutely. I love the Schaum's series. When I took mathematical stats, the text we used was so bad, we switched over to the Schaum's book. Most math professor I talk to all say they used the old school Schaum's books along the way. So yeah, good investments for problems, a bit short on theory.

As for the calculus one, never used it, my text had enough problems & for theory I used The Calculus Lifesaver. As for college physics, again my text had plenty of problems but I also used the Schaum's book now & then. The problem was however that this particular text had a good many typos & some of the answers were clearly wrong as well. As a supplement, I used the textbook study guides (University Physics series) which had more problems.

Schuam is wonderful. When I learn something new, I would read a Schuam outline before looking at a "real" book. However, take it with a grain of salt since they are usually filled with A LOT of errors , in general

Related to Schuam's Outlines and ap books

1. What are Schuam's Outlines and AP books?

Schuam's Outlines and AP books are study guides and review materials for various subjects, particularly for high school and college-level courses. They are designed to help students understand and master the key concepts and topics covered in these subjects.

2. Are Schuam's Outlines and AP books effective study tools?

Yes, many students have found Schuam's Outlines and AP books to be effective study tools. These materials are comprehensive and provide a clear and concise overview of the subject matter, making it easier for students to review and understand the material.

3. Can Schuam's Outlines and AP books be used as a substitute for textbooks?

No, Schuam's Outlines and AP books should not be used as a substitute for textbooks. They are intended to supplement the material covered in textbooks and provide additional practice and review for students.

4. What subjects are covered by Schuam's Outlines and AP books?

Schuam's Outlines and AP books cover a wide range of subjects, including Math, Science, History, English, and Foreign Languages. They also have specific books for standardized tests such as the SAT and AP exams.

5. Are Schuam's Outlines and AP books suitable for all students?

Schuam's Outlines and AP books can be a helpful study tool for most students, but they may not be suitable for all learning styles. Some students may find different study methods more effective, and it is important to find the best study strategy for your individual needs.