Schwarzenegger replaces chief of staff, appoints gay democrat

• News
  • Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
I'm amazed Arnold won the recall of Davis. That was quite the circus.In summary, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has replaced his chief of staff with Susan Kennedy, a former communications director for Sen. Dianne Feinstein and a top adviser to former Gov. Gray Davis. Kennedy is known for her hard work and was credited with managing Davis' initiatives on various issues. Some have questioned if this move means Arnold is trying to become a Democrat, but regardless, it is seen as a significant shakeup of his administration.
rachmaninoff
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger -- attempting to regain his political footing after a devastating special election defeat this month -- has begun a shakeup of his administration by replacing his chief of staff with a former state Democratic Party official and top adviser to former Gov. Gray Davis, Democratic and Republican sources said Tuesday.

...Susan Kennedy, the former communications director for Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat, earned a reputation as the workaholic Cabinet secretary and former deputy chief of staff to Davis -- whom Schwarzenegger ousted in the 2003 recall campaign. As one of three top Davis insiders, she was credited with managing the Democratic governor's initiatives on child support enforcement, energy conservation and health care, among other issues.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/30/MNGDVG0B511.DTL"

I don't understand politics. Is Arnold trying to become a Democrat? I'm envious of the Califronians, in a state where something like this is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
is she really a lesbian or do you just not like her?

rachmaninoff said:
I'm envious of the Califronians, in a state where something like this is possible.
Move to California.

We make sense here.

California makes sense?!

deckart said:
California makes sense?!

no we don't, just look at ... all of California.

deckart said:
California makes sense?!
Yeah baby, yeah we do. :biggrin:

You should look at Astronuc's thread on Education to see just how much sense this state makes.:wink:

The Governator has been criticized quite a bit by conservatives about the way his wife supposedly seems to influence his decision making.
This woman's last name looks familiar. I wonder if there's any relation.:tongue:

You got to love Arnold; dude's fearless. One wonders what will happen to him come the next gubernatorial when he'll actually have to win a Republican nomination. Unless, of course, he runs unopposed because the party realizes that no real Republican would ever win.

I suppose girly men are not OK, but manly girls are ? :rofl:

rachmaninoff said:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/30/MNGDVG0B511.DTL"

I don't understand politics. Is Arnold trying to become a Democrat? I'm envious of the Califronians, in a state where something like this is possible.

I think Susan Kennedy was 80% of the brains in that administration, despite Davis' failing to balance the books.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What prompted Schwarzenegger to replace his chief of staff?

Schwarzenegger reportedly replaced his chief of staff, Susan Kennedy, due to concerns about her management style and her close ties to the Democratic party.

2. Who did Schwarzenegger appoint as his new chief of staff?

Schwarzenegger appointed Daniel Zingale, a former advisor to Democratic Governor Gray Davis, as his new chief of staff.

3. How did people react to the appointment of a gay democrat as chief of staff?

The reaction to the appointment was mixed, with some praising Schwarzenegger for choosing a qualified and experienced individual, while others criticized the move as a betrayal to his Republican party and conservative values.

4. How does this appointment affect the political landscape in California?

This appointment is significant in terms of representation and diversity in California politics, as Zingale is the first openly gay chief of staff for a California governor. It may also signal a shift towards more progressive policies under Schwarzenegger's leadership.

5. What are the potential implications of this appointment for future elections?

This appointment may have implications for future elections in California, as it highlights the changing demographics and political dynamics of the state. It may also impact the way voters view Schwarzenegger and his party in future elections.