Searching for a Blog or Web Site

• Thread starter Hornbein
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blog Web
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's search for a reliable and easy-to-use blogging platform. They initially signed up for Wordpress, which has good points such as no ads, attractive appearance, and easy sharing with Facebook. However, they encountered issues with the formatting software when mixing images and text. They also mentioned the hassle of dealing with spam. As a result, they asked for recommendations for a platform that meets their criteria, including being free, reliable, and allowing for text and image publishing. Google Blogger was suggested, but the speaker encountered issues with linking it to Facebook. The only solution they are aware of for mixing images and text is to directly deal with the HTML code.
Hornbein
My girlfriend made me get a blog (long story). I signed up for Wordpress which is free and mostly good but their formatting software is way too buggy. I can't do very basic things.

Good points of Wordpress
No ads.
Attractive appearance
Very easy to "share" with Facebook. That's the #2 criterion.
Able to shut off all the spam it generates with minimal effort. That's #3.
Free. Bad points:
When I mix images and text Wordpress mangles the text formatting. Not acceptable. Now my images are failing to appear too.

So anyone know of a place that's reliable, easy to "share" with Facebook, won't spam me to death, allows me to publish text and images, and isn't horrible in some other way? I guess maybe I'll have to give up on free.

Physics news on Phys.org
How about Google Blogger? Its free, has many themes and is quite sharable.

jedishrfu said:
How about Google Blogger? Its free, has many themes and is quite sharable.
I tried Google Blogger. I went through an elaborate procedure to link it to Facebook. I got the end. Recipe Check Failed. I checked around. Others have the same problem. No help. Too bad.

The only sure way of mixing images with text that I am aware off is to deal directly with the html code.

1. How do I find the right keywords to search for a blog or website?

The best way to find the right keywords is to think about what you are looking for in a blog or website. Consider the topic or niche, as well as any specific keywords or phrases related to your interests. You can also try using search engines or social media platforms to discover popular and relevant keywords.

2. What are some effective ways to search for a blog or website?

One effective way to search for a blog or website is to use search engines like Google or Bing. You can also use social media platforms, such as Twitter or Instagram, to discover blogs and websites related to your interests. Another option is to join online communities or forums where people share and recommend blogs and websites.

3. How can I narrow down my search results to find the most relevant blogs or websites?

To narrow down your search results, you can use specific keywords or phrases related to your interests. You can also use search filters, such as date published or location, to refine your results. Additionally, reading reviews or checking the website's about page can help you determine if it is relevant to your interests.

4. What should I look for when evaluating a potential blog or website?

When evaluating a potential blog or website, consider the design and layout, the quality of the content, and the credibility of the author or publisher. You can also look at the website's traffic, social media following, and engagement to determine its popularity and relevance.

5. How can I ensure the credibility and reliability of the information on a blog or website?

To ensure the credibility and reliability of the information on a blog or website, you can check the author's credentials, fact-check the information, and cross-reference it with other reputable sources. You can also look for reviews or ratings from other users and pay attention to any biases or agendas the author may have.