Section for articles written by members

In summary, the speaker is a new member of the site and suggests implementing a system for community-curated tutorials or write-ups on various topics, particularly in the field of physics. They believe this would be a valuable resource for users looking to learn and understand concepts in a structured manner. While they acknowledge that such a system cannot replace textbooks, it can serve as a helpful supplement. The speaker also mentions finding a section called "Insights" on the site, which could potentially fulfill this purpose. They express interest in contributing to this section and ask for more information on the process.
AndrewRibeiro
Hello everyone,

New member here, love the site, but it is missing something I'd love ( or perhaps I can't find it ). I'm taking a physics course on Edx and the community TA's write up great short articles that aid in understanding a problem or particular concept. I'd love to have some sort of system that would allow people to post write-ups or tutorials on various topics. I want to learn more about physics, but there isn't really a structure I can follow on the site that would help me logically progress through topics. I know this is a forum, but I feel like such a feature, a community curated tutorial system, would provide a great jumping off point for people like me. I may develop my own site around this premise if it is not within the scope of this site.

If there is such a feature on this site or other sites that provide such a system, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you,

Andrew

Physics news on Phys.org
Or simply some sort of system that catalogs really good posts that explain something really well.

Insights is something along that line. It cannot replace textbooks with their organized structure, of course.

I just found that section! Thanks for point it out to me. It could use some better organization. No, nothing can replace textbooks, but such a system can be a great complement to one. If you have a hard time understanding a concept, it would be nice to be able to have access to an array of alternate explanations from people of all backgrounds. Thanks for your insight. hehe

Feel free to apply to write for Insights. We'll review your articles and publish them if it meets our standards. :smile:

1. What is the purpose of the "Section for articles written by members"?

The purpose of this section is to showcase articles written by members of a particular community or organization. It allows members to share their ideas, knowledge, and expertise with others and contribute to the community's overall knowledge base.

2. Who can contribute articles to this section?

Any member of the community or organization can contribute articles to this section. This includes scientists, researchers, students, and other professionals who are part of the community.

3. Are the articles in this section peer-reviewed?

No, the articles in this section are typically not peer-reviewed. They are written by members and are meant to be more informal and personal in nature. However, some communities may have a peer-review process in place for articles in this section.

4. Can articles from this section be used as references in research papers?

While the articles in this section may provide valuable insights and information, they should not be used as official references in research papers. These articles are not peer-reviewed and may not meet the standards required for academic references.

5. How can I submit an article to this section?

The process for submitting articles may vary depending on the community or organization. Some may have a designated editor or moderator for this section who can review and publish articles. Others may have a submission form or guidelines on their website. It is best to check with the community or organization for specific instructions on submitting articles.