Seeking for Functional Analysis problems solution

In summary, a student is taking Functional Analysis and has to solve problems from the textbook "An Introduction to Hilbert Space" by N. Young. They are looking for a list of solved problems, but are having trouble accessing the solutions. Another person suggests trying to solve the problems on their own. No solutions are provided.
Bando93
Hello everybody here,

I'm taking Functional Analysis this term, and the textbook is : "An Introduction to Hilbert Space, Cambridge, 1988" by N. Young.

Unfortunately, we have to solve most of the book's problems. So, does anyone has some of them ?

I found a list of solved problems on this link :

http://www.caam.rice.edu/~caam540/index.html

but I can't get the solutions, may be the prof. deleted them

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
I have that book and it's generally quite a good book. How about trying to solve them for yourself and see how far that gets you.

Related to Seeking for Functional Analysis problems solution

1. What is Functional Analysis?

Functional Analysis is a branch of mathematics that studies mathematical spaces and functions. It provides a framework for analyzing and understanding various mathematical objects, such as vectors, matrices, and functions.

2. Why is Functional Analysis important?

Functional Analysis is important because it has many applications in various fields, such as physics, engineering, economics, and computer science. It helps in solving real-world problems, such as optimization, control, and signal processing.

3. What are some common problems in Functional Analysis?

Some common problems in Functional Analysis include finding solutions to differential equations, determining the convergence or divergence of infinite series, and finding eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices.

4. How can one approach solving Functional Analysis problems?

One approach to solving Functional Analysis problems is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. This can involve using theorems and techniques from other branches of mathematics, such as calculus and linear algebra.

5. What are some resources for finding solutions to Functional Analysis problems?

There are many resources available for finding solutions to Functional Analysis problems, including textbooks, online forums and communities, and mathematical software programs. It can also be helpful to consult with a mentor or professor for guidance and assistance.