Separating Fact from Fiction: Investigating the Phenomenon of Poltergeists

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, the girl in the documentary claims that although she and her sister faked some phenomena, they were not responsible for all the activity in their home. There are disagreements about whether the girls faked all the phenomena or not.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/4757

Is this all sensational reporting or media hype ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very interesting.

Wikipedia said:
Margaret has publicly stated that although they did fake a few phenomena to catch the investigators out, they were not responsible for all the phenomena. She has stated that "It is ridiculous to suggest that either my sister or I could have been responsible for the strange activity that went on in our house." However, despite this there remain differences of interpretation regarding whether the girls faked all the phenomena or not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interview_with_a_Poltergeist

But I don't see a citation to this statement.

Good find, Wol! That was a pretty cool little documentary.

I was not sure if the item fit the forum rules, are the guys doing the investigation
qualified?

Why were the flying objects (marbles, lego bricks) not captured on film ?

In the part where the girl is (levitating) it is said that the camera is filming
at 4 frames a second, that seems very slow.

The part about the gas fire being ripped out of the wall seems extreme to the rest of the
activities, in the film i am sure it is partly behind the bed, was the bed moved?

wolram said:
I was not sure if the item fit the forum rules,

You bet.
The purpose of the Skepticism and Debunking Forum is to explore claims of and evidence for unexplained phenomena...
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5929

What time was the girl levitating? I don't really want to watch all 48 minutes...

Nm. about 30min in.
She jumps off her bed and onto the floor. I was hoping for something more, well, interesting.

K.J.Healey said:
Nm. about 30min in.
She jumps off her bed and onto the floor. I was hoping for something more, well, interesting.
May be if this report is factual ,you should not want some thing sensational.

Related to Separating Fact from Fiction: Investigating the Phenomenon of Poltergeists

What is a poltergeist?

A poltergeist is a type of supernatural entity or spirit that is said to be responsible for physical disturbances and unexplained phenomena, such as objects moving or making noises, in a household or other location. The word "poltergeist" comes from the German words "poltern" meaning "to make noise" and "geist" meaning "spirit".

What happens during an interview with a poltergeist?

An interview with a poltergeist typically involves a medium or psychic attempting to communicate with the spirit through various methods, such as asking questions and using divination tools. The poltergeist may respond by moving objects or making noises, or by communicating through the medium.

How can you tell if a poltergeist is present during an interview?

During an interview with a poltergeist, there may be physical manifestations such as objects moving or unexplained noises. The medium or psychic may also feel a presence or sense of energy in the room. In some cases, the poltergeist may communicate through the medium's body or voice.

Can poltergeists be dangerous?

Although poltergeists are often portrayed as malevolent spirits, there is no evidence that they are inherently dangerous. They may cause disturbances or mischief, but they are not known to physically harm individuals. However, it is important to approach any supernatural encounter with caution and seek professional help if needed.

How can someone protect themselves during an interview with a poltergeist?

There are various methods that individuals may use to protect themselves during an interview with a poltergeist. This may include wearing protective talismans or symbols, setting boundaries and intentions, and having a trained professional present. It is also important to stay calm and respectful during the interview to avoid provoking the spirit.