Should locked threads be included in Top Discussions email?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, "Top Discussions email" is a feature in email platforms that compiles popular or engaging email threads into a single email. The discussions are chosen based on metrics like replies and engagement. The feature can be customized by selecting specific folders or contacts and adjusting the time frame. Its usefulness varies for individuals, and it can be opted out of in the email account settings.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
The Biology/Medicine topic cited in the email got locked with one post deleted. I'm not sure how positive an image that gives us to members who get the email. Sort of a mixed message.

Can we consider not including locked threads in the email?

Likes BillTre, Navin and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree with Jim.Considering that the Email is also sent to a lot of New Members who...well...might get rather intimidated by seeing a locked thread,signs of Deleted post.

I'll see what I can do, thanks!

Likes jim mcnamara and Navin

1. What is "Top Discussions email"?

"Top Discussions email" is a feature in many email platforms that compiles a list of the most popular or engaging email threads from your inbox and presents them in a single email for easy access.

2. How are the "Top Discussions" chosen?

The "Top Discussions" are chosen based on various metrics such as number of replies, number of recipients, and engagement level. The specific algorithm may vary depending on the email platform.

3. Can I customize the "Top Discussions email"?

Yes, many email platforms allow you to customize the "Top Discussions email" by selecting the specific email folders or contacts you want to include, or by adjusting the time frame for which the top discussions are chosen.

4. Is the "Top Discussions email" useful?

This depends on personal preference and email usage. Some people find it helpful as it saves them time from scrolling through their inbox to find important or interesting discussions. However, others may find it overwhelming or unnecessary.

5. Can I opt out of the "Top Discussions email"?

Yes, most email platforms allow you to opt out of the "Top Discussions email" feature if you do not find it useful. You can usually do so in the settings or preferences section of your email account.