Silvaco: "simulator has unexpectedly exited with status -1073741819"

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with the NMOS construction process, specifically with the last implantation step. The error is shown in an attached image and the code has been checked multiple times, with changes made to the energy and dose of implantation. The discussion also mentions a previous similar error with Tony Plot, but changing the version solved it. However, the current error is not related to Tony Plot and may be caused by a buffer overrun. The suggestion is to contact Silvaco for further help.
mohamis288
TL;DR Summary
it is about an error in Silvaco software.
the error is here: "simulator has unexpectedly exited with status -1073741819"
this error occurs when I wanted to make the source and drain implantation.
Hello,

I am simulating the process of NMOS construction. as you know, in order to make the LDD, we need two implantations, one before creating oxide spacer and another after creating oxide spacer. at the last implantation, I am facing an error which is shown in the following image:

Screenshot (258).png

I put the code in the attachment too. I have placed thermal annealing after each implantation. Also, the project folder has been changed a couple of time to see the problem is solved or not. energy and dose of implantation has been changed in a wide range, but it did not help. actually, such error has been previously seen in this software but that was when tony plot wanted to come up. in mentioned condition, we just changed the tony plot version in the preference window, and this was solved. but now, this error is not about tony plot, because it even does not complete running Athena codes.

SO, have you any opinion to solve this error?
any help would be appreciated.

BR

Attachments

• testCode.docx
    13.8 KB · Views: 84
Engineering news on Phys.org
Probably an access violation error caused by a buffer overrun.

Could be this answer is completely useless, but that's what Visual Studio documentation says about error 0xC0000005.

Likes mohamis288
I'd suggest contacting Silvaco.

1. What does the error message "simulator has unexpectedly exited with status -1073741819" mean?

This error message indicates that the Silvaco simulator has encountered a critical error and has abruptly stopped running. The number -1073741819 is a hexadecimal representation of a Windows error code, which may indicate a specific type of error.

2. What could be causing this error to occur?

There are several potential causes for this error, including software bugs, corrupted files, insufficient memory or processing power, or conflicts with other programs or hardware. It is also possible that the error is caused by an issue with the specific simulation being run.

3. How can I troubleshoot this error?

If you encounter this error, the first step is to try running the simulation again. If the error persists, you can try restarting your computer, updating the Silvaco software, or checking for any corrupted files. You may also need to free up more memory or processing power by closing other programs or upgrading your hardware.

4. Is there a way to prevent this error from occurring?

While it is difficult to completely prevent this error from occurring, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of encountering it. These include regularly updating your software, ensuring that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, and avoiding running multiple simulations simultaneously.

5. Is there any support available for this error?

If you are unable to troubleshoot the error on your own, you can contact Silvaco's technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your particular situation and help you resolve the issue.