SlimQuick Cleanse: Jump Start Women's Weight Loss in 7 Days

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Slimquick Cleanse is a product designed by SlimquickLabs specifically for women to jump start weight loss in 7 days. It eliminates toxins and increases metabolism, improves digestive tract function, increases energy, cleanses the colon, and balances blood sugar levels. It contains clinically researched ingredients such as Green Tea, Glucomannan, Ginseng, Chaste Tree Berry, Antioxidants, and Probiotics. However, it also contains a high amount of caffeine and other stimulants, which could potentially lead to laxative effects. The main active ingredient, Hoodia, has limited evidence to support its appetite-suppressing claims and there have been concerns about the authenticity and potency of Hoodia in the market.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Slimquick Cleanse is the latest product from SlimquickLabs. SlimQuick Cleanse eliminates toxins from your body in a very gentle fashion, helping to give you a head start to your weight loss goals.

Slimquick cleanse is designed specifically for women to jump start their weight loss in 7 days.

Slimquick Cleanse helps in 6 ways to jump start women’s weight loss:

eliminates toxins,
increases metabolism,
improves functions of digestive tract,
increases energy,
cleanses the colon
balances blood sugar levels
Contains clinically researched key ingredients, shown to help remove toxins and increase metabolism. ingredients such as Green Tea, Glucomannan, Ginseng, Chaste Tree Berry, Antioxidants and Probiotics.

...Contains a higher potency (550 mg) of pure 100% Authentic Hoodia Gordonii: - Certified premium South African Hoodia. "Scientists say it fools the brain by making you think you're full.

...This product contains a significantly potent methylxanthine (i.e., caffeine and caffeine-like stimulants) mixture, in excess of 200 mg per regular 2 capsule serving. Not intended for persons under 18 years of age"[continued]
http://www.slimquickonline.com/slmquick-cleanse.html

Caffeine in Coffee:
Double espresso (2oz) 45-100 mg
Brewed coffee (8 oz) 60-120 mg
http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
:uhh: So it helps you lose weight by giving you enough caffeine-equivalent to ensure a laxative effect? Geez, just have a pot of coffee.

Hoodia: Lots of Hoopla, Little Science
Few studies support the promise of the South African appetite suppressant, but believers abound.

...Hoodia does have some evidence to back it up, says Mark Blumenthal, founder and executive director of the American Botanical Council, a nonprofit research organization in Austin, Texas. He cites one laboratory study but says the evidence is not conclusive.

"We can only say the evidence available to us right now, which is considered inadequate, suggests that there is some type of appetite-suppressing mechanism in some of the naturally occurring chemicals in hoodia," Blumenthal says. He adds that his organization has not received any consumer reports of safety problems with hoodia use.

The laboratory evidence Blumenthal refers to was produced by David MacLean, MD, an adjunct associate professor at Brown University in Providence, R.I., and a former researcher at the pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer. In a report published in the Sept. 10, 2004, issue of Brain Research, MacLean reported that a molecule in hoodia, called P57, likely has an effect on the brain's hypothalamus, which helps regulate appetite. His study was done in animals [continued]
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/hoodia-lots-of-hoopla-little-science

Ivan Seeking said:

Interesting. Even if it mimics caffeine, caffeine does have some appetite suppressant qualities. Though, that article seems to state that it doesn't have the jittery side effects of caffeine, so it might be something else. I should see if I can track down the Brain Research article to see what it supposedly mimics. Though, it's worth noting that Brain Research tends to publish rather weak research.

The biggest concern is that the only proper study in humans only had 7 subjects. So, while it might work, without a placebo-controlled, double-blind study with more subjects and for longer duration, there's no certainty that it wasn't just being part of a trial or eating breakfast or a multivitamin (those were the instructions to subjects in the study cited in the article) that affected some short-term weight loss.

But, like other things that are in the "herbal remedy" domain, there's this concern cited in the article:
It's "buyer, beware," Blumenthal says. "There appears to be much more hoodia offered in North American markets than the production ability of the South African markets."

So, even if it might have some efficacy, there's a good chance the product that one is buying may have none of the effective ingredient actually in it, or not enough of it.

That, along with the lack of safety testing, is one of the reasons I have such problems with the herbal remedy industry not having to comply with the same regulations as the pharmaceutical industry. If there really is an active compound in a particular herb, then there is likely to be an effective dose range, and a toxic dose range, and knowing where to draw the line between the two is important. So is quality control testing to ensure that the product contains what it says it contains...partly to ensure you are within the effective dose range and safely away from the toxic dose range. And, like any pharmaceutical, even if it's naturally occurring, there may be drug interactions, and those too should be tested and determined in proper clinical trials if a product is being marketing for consumption by the general public.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Contains 40mg of Horse tail ?

lol...

I think they must mean the plant:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8247/horsetailgs7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Contains 40mg of Horse tail ?

lisab said:
lol...

I think they must mean the plant:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8247/horsetailgs7.jpg
[/URL]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know what horse tail is included in there for, there is no evidence that this stuff does anything good for healthhttp://naturalhealthcarereviews.com/weight-loss/hoodia-prime-review" I think it probably a scam like a lot of other supplements out there.

Just my thoughts

Paul Collins

bobmorton said:
I see :rofl: I thought the real horse tail. haha

Anyway, are there any other proven studies about the health benefits of this one?

I prefer to use herbal medicineshttp://clicksandclocks.com/citizen/jy0000-53e/"
There really aren't any herbal products that by themselves are of much benefit.

If it's to be a "cleanse," I would think a fast, perhaps accompanied by a flush, followed by a simple, highly digestible natural foods, would be best.

I would think a heaping spoonful of Metamucil would do the trick just as well!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I would think a heaping spoonful of Metamucil would do the trick just as well!

Well, nothing beats the new and iimproved, super co...

Nevermind.

mugaliens said:
Well, nothing beats the new and iimproved, super co...

Nevermind.

I know what you were thinking...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/10304/saturday-night-live-colon-blow

I think it is important that more testing is done on all these products. I don't understand why the FAA has different standards for herbal products. Natural products are more appealing to the general public right now, reason enough to be more strict.

chaztower said:
I think it is important that more testing is done on all these products. I don't understand why the FAA has different standards for herbal products. Natural products are more appealing to the general public right now, reason enough to be more strict.

I meant to write FDAhttp://unavidasana.com.mx/dietas/pastillas-para-bajar-de-peso/ but I work in the aviation industry so there you go :wink:.

chaztower said:

well I wonder how could they ever PROPERLY test any health products (especially the so-claimed "natural" ones) without at least a decade and few thousands of volunteers.

The whole herbal therapy thing is mythology. Are ingredients like snake, jellyfish, insect, plant, fungal, or microbiotic toxins safe for human consumption because they are 'naturally occurring'?

What is SlimQuick Cleanse?

SlimQuick Cleanse is a dietary supplement specifically designed for women to jump start weight loss in just 7 days. It is formulated with natural ingredients to help detoxify the body and promote weight loss.

How does SlimQuick Cleanse work?

SlimQuick Cleanse works by using a combination of natural ingredients, such as green tea extract and acai berry, to help detoxify the body and increase metabolism. It also contains fiber to help with digestion and reduce bloating.

What are the benefits of using SlimQuick Cleanse?

The main benefit of using SlimQuick Cleanse is to jump start weight loss and help women lose weight in just 7 days. It also helps to detoxify the body, improve digestion, and reduce bloating. It may also provide a boost of energy and improve overall health and wellness.

Are there any potential side effects of using SlimQuick Cleanse?

As with any supplement, there is a possibility of experiencing side effects while using SlimQuick Cleanse. Some potential side effects may include stomach discomfort, headaches, and changes in bowel movements. It is important to follow the recommended dosage and consult with a healthcare professional before use.

Is SlimQuick Cleanse safe to use?

SlimQuick Cleanse is generally considered safe for most healthy adults. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before use, especially if you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications. It is also not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.

Back