Slow Cooker Recipes & HVAC Revolution

DaveE
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Amazing info from a slow cooker recipes facebook group. If only Fleischmann & Pons had put a clay pot over their experiment...

OTOH, they aren't exactly wrong.

378687968_812028047377028_6369069539014434801_n.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
BTW, yes, I am making fun of people that never took a physics class. Sorry, not sorry.

DaveE said:
BTW, yes, I am making fun of people that never took a physics class. Sorry, not sorry.
So glad you added that. I was about to delete and infract. Lordy... o0)

• Haha
Likes DaveE
1) I'm not sure I'll EVER learn that sarcasm doesn't work online...
2) Really? no one here is that stupid, not even the stupid ones. OTOH, I don't see the #$@! that the mentors deal with.
3) Got to go now, I need to buy clay pots to put over each of my heater vents. Does it work for AC too?

DaveE said:
no one here is that stupid
Nuh-uh!
DaveE said:
Does it work for AC too?
Yes. I'm feeling cold already...

• Haha
Likes Tom.G

1. How do slow cooker recipes work?

Slow cooker recipes work by cooking food at a low temperature over a long period of time. The heating element in the slow cooker heats up the food slowly, allowing it to cook evenly and retain its moisture.

2. What are the benefits of using a slow cooker?

There are several benefits to using a slow cooker. It saves time and effort by allowing you to prepare meals in advance and cook them while you are away. It also allows for more flavorful and tender dishes, as the slow cooking process helps to enhance the flavors of the ingredients.

3. How can slow cooker recipes be adapted for different dietary restrictions?

Slow cooker recipes can easily be adapted for different dietary restrictions. For example, for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet, you can substitute meat with plant-based proteins like tofu or beans. For those with gluten intolerance, you can use gluten-free ingredients or opt for naturally gluten-free dishes.

4. How does the HVAC revolution impact slow cooker recipes?

The HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) revolution has made slow cooker recipes even more convenient and efficient. With the use of programmable slow cookers, you can set the cooking time and temperature, and even control it remotely through a smartphone app. This allows for more precise cooking and the ability to monitor your meal from anywhere.

5. Can slow cooker recipes be used for meal prepping?

Yes, slow cooker recipes are great for meal prepping. You can prepare larger batches of food and store them in the fridge or freezer for later consumption. This can save you time and money, as well as help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet.