Slow Forum Apr 8: Limited Access, JS Error

• Bug
  • Thread starter Stavros Kiri
  • Start date
In summary, the forum has been experiencing slow speeds and limited access since this morning, with some users reporting errors in the javascript console. This may be due to memory-intensive processes causing disruptions. Greg is aware of the issue and it may continue for the next week. However, it seems to have improved since last night.
Stavros Kiri
Anyone knows why the forum is very slow? (since this morning, on my side at least, on two different devices, both with Chrome)
Limited access, hard to even open the alerts, most of the time just shows me the forums, as if it's too busy or like when updating ...
[+error in the javascript console]

Physics news on Phys.org
I have been running some processes that are memory intensive to the point of failing so there may be some disruptions.

Greg's response showed on my e-mail and just now the red alert (I don't open because it might get stuck).

Thanks Greg, as long as you know about it ...

Greg, the problem remains (on my side), may be just a little better. Is this normal or expected by you?

Stavros Kiri said:
Greg, the problem remains (on my side), may be just a little better. Is this normal or expected by you?
Yes, might be slow on and off for the next week

Ok, thanks Greg, no problem.

Seems back to normal. Works perfectly since last night.

1. What is causing the limited access and JS error on the forum on April 8?

The limited access and JS error on the forum on April 8 is most likely caused by a technical issue or bug within the forum's code. It could also be due to a server issue or maintenance being performed on the forum.

2. How long is the limited access expected to last?

The duration of the limited access is dependent on the cause of the issue. If it is a technical issue or bug, it may take some time for the developers to identify and fix the problem. If it is a server issue or maintenance, the access may be limited until the issue is resolved or the maintenance is completed.

3. Is there a way to access the forum during this time?

Unfortunately, if the limited access is due to a technical issue or bug, there may not be a way to access the forum until the issue is resolved. If it is due to server issues or maintenance, the forum may be accessible at a later time.

4. Will the forum be fully functional once the issue is resolved?

Once the issue causing the limited access and JS error is resolved, the forum should be fully functional again. However, there may be some minor disruptions as the developers work to fix the problem.

5. How can I report this issue or get updates on when it will be resolved?

You can report the issue to the forum's support team or developers. They may have a specific channel for reporting technical issues. You can also check the forum's social media accounts or website for updates on when the issue is expected to be resolved.