Solve Math Relation for V in Terms of Z and A

• Thread starter msimard8
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relations
In summary, to express V in terms of Z and A, you need to eliminate Y by expressing it in terms of Z and A using the second and third equations. Then, substitute the resulting expression for Y into the first equation to solve for V. A simple hint is to eliminate X first.
msimard8

Homework Statement

I need to express V in terms of Z and A.

i know

V= (3/5)Y + (2/5)Z

given

y=2A-3X
X=(1/6)Z + (5/6)Y

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

ok. my first attempt was to isolate y in the second equation, and let the two equations equal each other. That eliminates y so i can't solve the problem. I don't think

i need a hint to start at least

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
A simple hint: you need to express Y in terms of Z and A from the second and third equation, and then return to the first one. (i.e. eliminate X)

yep i think i can do it now..thanks bud

Related to Solve Math Relation for V in Terms of Z and A

1. What is the formula for solving for V in terms of Z and A?

The formula for solving for V in terms of Z and A is V = A/Z.

2. Can I rearrange the equation to solve for Z or A instead?

Yes, you can rearrange the equation to solve for Z or A by multiplying both sides by the respective variable you want to solve for. For example, to solve for Z, you would multiply both sides by Z and the equation would become VZ = A.

3. How do I know which variable to solve for?

It depends on the given information and what you are trying to find. If you are given values for Z and A and need to find V, then you would solve for V. If you are given values for V and A and need to find Z, then you would solve for Z.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations when using this formula?

The formula V = A/Z has no restrictions or limitations as long as the values for Z and A are both real numbers. If either variable is equal to zero, then the equation becomes undefined.

5. Can I use this formula in any type of math problem?

This formula is specifically for solving a mathematical relation between three variables. It can be used in a wide range of mathematical problems, such as physics, engineering, and finance. However, it may not be applicable to every type of math problem.