Solve the given inequality Q. 21

chwala
Gold Member
Homework Statement
See attachment
Relevant Equations
Discriminant
Q. 21

Allow me to post using phone... Will amend/ show working when i get hold of computer.In my working I have
##5x^2 -cx^2-4x-2<0##
##56-8c<0##

##c>7##

Textbook says ##7>c## ...who's fooling who here? 😊

I have seen my mistake. I am wrong...put in wrong inequality sign...
Should be ##b^2 - 4ac >0 ##

Cheers guys

Attachments

• CamScanner 11-07-2023 14.35_1.jpg
    CamScanner 11-07-2023 14.35_1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex](5-c)x^2-4x-2<0[/tex]
We know that 5-c<0 at least so that x^2 term does not go plus infinity as |x| goes infinity.

Likes e_jane and chwala
anuttarasammyak said:
[tex](5-c)x^2-4x-2<0[/tex]
We know that 5-c<0 at least so that x^2 term does not go plus infinity as |x| goes infinity.
I saw my mistake. My bad. Hope you good @anuttarasammyak been with you here for some time mate ...

Likes e_jane

1. How do I solve the given inequality Q. 21?

To solve the given inequality Q. 21, you need to isolate the variable on one side of the inequality sign and simplify the expression. Then, determine the solution set based on the inequality sign and any restrictions on the variable.

2. What methods can I use to solve inequality Q. 21?

You can use various methods to solve inequality Q. 21, such as the addition and subtraction method, multiplication and division method, or graphing method. Choose the method that best suits the complexity of the inequality.

3. Are there any special rules I need to consider when solving inequality Q. 21?

When solving inequality Q. 21, remember to flip the inequality sign when multiplying or dividing by a negative number. Also, be mindful of any restrictions on the variable that may affect the solution set.

4. How do I check my solution for inequality Q. 21?

To check your solution for inequality Q. 21, substitute the value of the variable back into the original inequality and verify if the inequality holds true. If the inequality is satisfied, then your solution is correct.

5. Can I use a graph to represent the solution set for inequality Q. 21?

Yes, you can use a graph to represent the solution set for inequality Q. 21. Plot the boundary line and shade the region that satisfies the inequality to visually represent the solution set on a coordinate plane.