Solving a Circuit Diagram with KVL & KCL

In summary: The blue line labelled I6 is still shorting the two resistors. I'm not understanding the diagram...There is a lot of simplification available in this circuit.R7 and R8 are in parallel and in series with R3. R4 is in parallel with (R5 + R6).You can probably just use Ohm's Law from there.
shayaan_musta
Here is my circuit diagram.
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums...n=view&current=untitled-1.jpg&t=1299237316875
I am unable to solve my circuit with the help of Kirchhoff's law:
Here is my KVL equations:
24-v1-v3-v8=0------(1)
v3-v2-v4-v7=0------(2)
v4-v5-v6=0------(3)
24-v1-v2-v5-v6=0------(outside loop i.e. 4)

And this is my KCL equations:
Is=I2+I3------(5)
I2=I4+I5------(6)
I5=I6------(7)
I4=I7------(8)
I8=I3+I7-------(9)
Is=I8+I6-------(10)

I have another thing to ask you experts that in circuits I have show two paths for I6 one is blue and other is red. I want to ask that form which way I6 will pass? either by blue or red??
My KCL equations are from the way i.e. blue.

Are my KCL & KVL equations are correct or not?
Kindly help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
shayaan_musta said:
Here is my circuit diagram.
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums...n=view&current=untitled-1.jpg&t=1299237316875
I am unable to solve my circuit with the help of Kirchhoff's law:
Here is my KVL equations:
24-v1-v3-v8=0------(1)
v3-v2-v4-v7=0------(2)
v4-v5-v6=0------(3)
24-v1-v2-v5-v6=0------(outside loop i.e. 4)

And this is my KCL equations:
Is=I2+I3------(5)
I2=I4+I5------(6)
I5=I6------(7)
I4=I7------(8)
I8=I3+I7-------(9)
Is=I8+I6-------(10)

I have another thing to ask you experts that in circuits I have show two paths for I6 one is blue and other is red. I want to ask that form which way I6 will pass? either by blue or red??
My KCL equations are from the way i.e. blue.

Are my KCL & KVL equations are correct or not?
Kindly help me.

It looks like R7 and R8 are short-circuited across the bottom -- is that correct? That certainly would simplify the problem...

berkeman said:
It looks like R7 and R8 are short-circuited across the bottom -- is that correct? That certainly would simplify the problem...

no no it is not short circuited.
it is connected with R3 and making a junction. I have corrected the mistake:
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums...n=view&current=untitled-1.jpg&t=1299323931498

Now kindly tell me sir.

There is a lot of simplification available in this circuit.

R7 and R8 are in parallel and in series with R3.

R4 is in parallel with (R5 + R6).

You can probably just use Ohm's Law from there.

Related to Solving a Circuit Diagram with KVL & KCL

1. What is KVL and KCL in circuit analysis?

KVL (Kirchhoff's Voltage Law) states that the sum of all voltages in a closed loop in a circuit must equal zero. KCL (Kirchhoff's Current Law) states that the sum of all currents entering and exiting a node in a circuit must also equal zero.

2. How do I use KVL and KCL to solve a circuit diagram?

To solve a circuit diagram using KVL and KCL, you first need to label all the nodes and loop currents in the circuit. Then, apply KVL and KCL equations to each loop and node respectively, and solve for the unknown variables.

3. What are the benefits of using KVL and KCL in circuit analysis?

KVL and KCL are fundamental laws in circuit analysis that allow us to analyze complex circuits and determine the voltage and current values at different points in the circuit. They also help us to verify our results and ensure that our calculations are accurate.

4. Are there any limitations to using KVL and KCL in circuit analysis?

While KVL and KCL are fundamental laws in circuit analysis, they do have some limitations. They assume ideal circuit conditions, such as constant voltage and current sources, and no parasitic elements. In real-world circuits, these assumptions may not hold true, leading to some inaccuracies in the calculations.

5. Can KVL and KCL be applied to any type of circuit?

Yes, KVL and KCL can be applied to any type of circuit, including DC and AC circuits, series and parallel circuits, and even more complex circuits with multiple loops and nodes. However, the calculations may become more complex for more complicated circuits, and computer simulations may be necessary for accurate results.