Solving Equations with A, B, C, D, E & F - Can it be Done?

• Thread starter mirmidonas55
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help with a problem involving equations and unknown variables. They are asking if the values of the variables can be found if the values of A, B, C, D, E, and F are known. Another person replies that it can be done by forming six equations and using them along with the given equation to find the values of the variables.
mirmidonas55
First of all excuse my English.

I have the following problem and I don't know if it can be solved.

We have the following equations:

A*X1=B*X2=C*X3=D*X4=E*X5=F*X6 and

X1+X2+X3+X4+X5+X6=100

If we know the values of A,B,C,D,E,F can we found the values of X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6?

Can anyone help me?
Sorry if I didn't make the post in the correct category

Physics news on Phys.org
Yep it can be done.

The way that i would solve it would be to form the six equations:

AX1 = c
BX2 = c
:
FX6 = c

Where c is some fixed constant. Can you see how i can form these equations?

You can then easily use these separate equations along with the last equation (X1+X2+X3+X4+X5+X6=100) to find what the constant c is, and hence what each X is.

Thank you danago

Related to Solving Equations with A, B, C, D, E & F - Can it be Done?

What is the purpose of solving equations with A, B, C, D, E & F?

The purpose of solving equations with A, B, C, D, E & F is to find the values of these variables that make the equation true. This is important in various fields of science, such as physics, chemistry, and engineering, as it allows us to understand and predict how different variables will affect a system.

Can equations with A, B, C, D, E & F be solved using the same methods as other equations?

Yes, equations with A, B, C, D, E & F can be solved using the same methods as other equations. These methods include combining like terms, using inverse operations, and isolating the variable on one side of the equation.

What are the common mistakes made when solving equations with A, B, C, D, E & F?

Some common mistakes when solving equations with A, B, C, D, E & F include making errors in arithmetic, forgetting to perform the same operation on both sides of the equation, and not properly distributing coefficients. It is important to double check your work and follow the correct steps to avoid these mistakes.

Are there any special rules or properties that apply when solving equations with A, B, C, D, E & F?

No, there are no special rules or properties that apply specifically to equations with A, B, C, D, E & F. However, it is important to remember that these variables are simply placeholders and can be replaced with any other letter or symbol.

How can I check if my solution to an equation with A, B, C, D, E & F is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging in the values for A, B, C, D, E & F into the original equation and seeing if it makes the equation true. You can also use a graphing calculator to plot the equation and see if the solution lies on the graph.