Splitting a 352MB Calculus Textbook into Chapters

In summary, the individual has a large 352MB calculus textbook with 1050 pages and is looking to split it into chapters. They previously used a free online splitter, but now cannot find it due to size limitations. They tried using the Acrobat reader on their university's computer, but the necessary tool is not available. They are seeking suggestions and have found a potential solution with the trial version of A-PDF Split, but it takes a long time to split the PDF into two parts. They primarily use Overleaf for homework and often copy/paste from the PDFs.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
I have calculus textbook that is 352MB

I want to split it into chapters the book is 1050 pages

I used one the free online splitters to cut out a chapter earlier. but now I can't find it. there are MB limits so I'm over

I thought the acrobat reader on the University pc would do it but the tool is not there

any suggestions?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Re: spliting pdf

See here.

As you said, you may need the paid version of Acrobat. I believe Acrobat DC is the latest version, but your institution may have otherwise. The procedure may also vary depending on the operating system.

yes the splite pages tool is not there at UHWO

Mm.. Most of the online options have 100mb limits. Are you using Mac OS or Windows?

I'm surprised the tool is not available at your institution..

Never see mac here its all Dell (windows) no tools for splitting

I did find a splitter to do very large PDF but have to down load the trial version A-PDF Split
but took forever but it cut in 2I do the homework with overleaf so c/p a lot from the pdfs

1. How do you split a 352MB Calculus textbook into chapters?

There are a few different ways to split a large PDF file into smaller chapters. One option is to use a PDF editing software, such as Adobe Acrobat, to manually divide the document into chapters and save them as separate files. Another option is to use a file splitting tool, which allows you to specify the size or page range for each chapter. Additionally, some online tools are available that can automatically split a PDF into chapters based on headings or page numbers.

2. What is the benefit of splitting a textbook into chapters?

Splitting a textbook into chapters can make it easier to navigate and study. Instead of scrolling through a large document, students can quickly access the specific chapter or topic they need. It also allows for easier sharing and organization of the material.

3. Can I split a textbook into chapters without losing any content?

Yes, as long as you use a reliable tool or software and follow proper procedures, splitting a textbook into chapters should not result in any lost content. However, it is always recommended to make a backup of the original document before making any changes.

4. How long does it take to split a textbook into chapters?

The time it takes to split a textbook into chapters can vary depending on the size of the document and the method used. Manually splitting a PDF may take longer, while using a file splitting tool or online tool can be faster. Generally, it should not take more than a few minutes to split a textbook into chapters.

5. Can I merge the chapters back together if needed?

Yes, you can easily merge the chapters back into one document if needed. Most PDF editing software or file merging tools allow you to combine multiple files into one. This can be useful if you need to print the textbook or share it as a single file again.