Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light

In summary, "The Inner Light" is widely considered one of the best episodes in the Star Trek franchise, winning the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation in 1993. It was directed by Peter Lauritson and written by Peter Allan Fields and Morgan Gendel. It remains a fan favorite and highly acclaimed by critics.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just watched this episode of Star Trek the Next Generation; The Inner Light. One of my favorites.

edit: I just found this from a google search
The episode is widely considered by critics and fans as one of the best episodes of the entire Star Trek franchise. In 1993, "The Inner Light" won the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.

Last edited:
Likes Grelbr42, Jonathan Scott, berkeman and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
I also watched it last night. It also has been my very favorite from the multi-year series.

Likes Jonathan Scott and dlgoff

1. What is the plot of "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light"?

The plot of "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light" follows Captain Jean-Luc Picard as he experiences a lifelike vision of living an entire lifetime on a distant planet. He learns about the planet's culture and struggles to come to terms with the reality of his experience.

2. Who wrote "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light"?

The episode was written by Morgan Gendel and directed by Peter Lauritson.

3. When was "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light" first aired?

The episode first aired on June 1, 1992 as the 25th episode of the fifth season of "Star Trek: The Next Generation".

4. What awards did "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light" win?

The episode won the 1993 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation and the 1993 Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Drama Series.

5. Is "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light" considered one of the best episodes of the series?

Yes, "Star Trek the Next Generation - The Inner Light" is often considered one of the best episodes of the series due to its emotional impact and exploration of Captain Picard's character. It is also a fan favorite and has been praised for its storytelling and music.