Starting problem of a generator....

• Thread starter lastfsdfsd23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generator
In summary, the generator may be overloading or overheating, and the carburetor needs to be taken apart and cleaned.
lastfsdfsd23
my generator create some problem. when i run it after some time it off automatically. how can i solve this problem. have any idea?

Engineering news on Phys.org
no one is there to help me?

You will have to supply more information . What type of generator and what is it being used to supply electricity to ?

Just guessing for the present but repeated shut downs under similar operating conditions suggest overloading and/or overheating .

Likes lastfsdfsd23
it's Champion 73536i 2000 Watt Portable Generator. i bought it 9 month ago. after getting off it not run again still now .

This one ? http://www.championpowerequipment.com/products/inverters/73536i-2000w-inverter/

Contact the manufacturers to see if they can help you . If not come back to PF .

yes. this is the model

Nine months? You do have to drain the fuel, or buy "premium."

Likes lastfsdfsd23
it will work?

I am guessing that this is what's wrong --- there are absolutely no guarantees.

ok. i will must try it. thanks for your time Bystander

When you shut off the engine the carburetor is left full of gasoline.
When the unit sits for months gasoline evaporates from the carburetor leaving only the non-volatile parts behind, often in the form of a heavy varnish like gummy gooey layer. It plugs up the tiny passages in the carburetor.
The ounce of prevention to keep this from happening is to empty the carburetor before putting the unit into long term storage. Find the fuel shutoff valve and close it, let the engine run until it has used all the gas that was in the carburetor. Usually takes two or three minutes at idle, less if loaded. Alternately you could siphon all the gas out of the tank and run the engine until it's out of gas.

All gasoline engines are that way. Well, carbureted ones anyway.

Did you follow these instructions in the owner's manual page 14?

upload_2016-8-24_8-52-10.png
and page 18 where they continue with instructions how to clear the jets and oil the piston rings.

Once the carb has got gummed up it needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Squirt "Carb Cleaner" through the passages. Denatured alcohol or acetone works too but be careful of acetone on plastic & rubber parts.

Another possibility is the low oil cutoff switch has stuck. Check oil level , then disconnect the wire and see if it starts. If it does, you need to fix the switch.old jim

Last edited:
Likes lastfsdfsd23
thanks JIM for your time. i repair it now it running.

Likes jim hardy

Related to Starting problem of a generator....

1. What are the common causes of a starting problem in a generator?

The most common causes of starting problems in a generator include a weak or dead battery, clogged fuel filter, dirty spark plugs, and a faulty starter motor.

2. How can I troubleshoot a starting problem in my generator?

To troubleshoot a starting problem in a generator, you can check the battery and connections, clean or replace the fuel filter, replace the spark plugs, and test the starter motor for any faults or damage.

3. What should I do if my generator won't start?

If your generator won't start, you should first check the fuel level and make sure the fuel valve is open. Then, check the spark plug for any dirt or damage and clean or replace it if necessary. If the issue persists, it is best to seek professional help.

4. Can old or bad fuel cause a starting problem in a generator?

Yes, old or bad fuel can cause a starting problem in a generator. It can clog the fuel filter and prevent the engine from starting. It is important to use fresh, clean fuel in your generator to avoid starting issues.

5. How can I prevent starting problems in my generator?

To prevent starting problems in your generator, it is important to perform regular maintenance, including changing the oil and filter, checking and replacing the spark plugs, and keeping the fuel tank and lines clean. It is also recommended to run your generator regularly to keep it in good working condition.