Stock on Kerry in an IEM free fall

In summary, the stock on Kerry in the Iowa Electronic Market is currently experiencing a free fall. Market quotes show a significant decrease in value, with bids and asks at a low and last price at the bottom of the range. This decline is surprising, especially with the upcoming "October surprises" and debates still to come. Many are predicting a strong showing for Bush in the debates, leading to a rise in the market. The Iowa Electronic Market has a history of accurately predicting election results, making this market movement worth keeping an eye on.
kat
Stock on Kerry in an IEM "free fall"

Market Quotes: Pres04_WTA.html
Quotes current as of 12:31:43 CST, Monday, September 27, 2004.
Symbol Bid Ask Last Low High Average
DEM04_G52 0.061 0.069 0.067 0.067 0.077 0.072
DEM04_L52 0.210 0.219 0.225 0.207 0.232 0.226
REP04_L52 0.230 0.231 0.230 0.217 0.231 0.222
REP04_G52 0.492 0.495 0.495 0.470 0.536 0.491

http://128.255.244.60/quotes/78.html

Surprising with the "october surprises" yet to come. Why are the markets acting so decisive with over a month still to come...I'm betting on Bush mopping the floor with Kerry during the debates...seems I'm not alone.
It will be interesting to see the rise and fall of the market during the debates, 15 minute refreshes Thursday evening will probably be more revealing then any "news" commentary...

Stay tuned... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For those who aren't familiar with the Iowa Electronic Market, it has historically been more accurate than polls since it started in 1988. The IEM has forecasted election results with incredible accuracy, tracking the vote totals of winning candidates of the most recent presidential elections to within 2 tenths of a percentage point.

Neat! Neat! (had to say neat twice; forum rules of length)

Very interesting. I was completely unaware of this.

Anyways, I'm keeping my eyes on that "floor".

Related to Stock on Kerry in an IEM free fall

1. What is an IEM free fall?

An IEM free fall is a scenario in the stock market where the price of a specific stock, in this case Kerry, is rapidly decreasing without any signs of stabilizing.

2. What factors can contribute to a stock's free fall?

There are many factors that can contribute to a stock's free fall, including negative news or events surrounding the company, economic downturns, and investor sentiment.

3. How does a free fall in a stock affect investors?

A free fall in a stock can have a significant impact on investors, as it can result in a decrease in the value of their investments and potential losses. It can also cause panic and uncertainty in the market.

4. Is it possible for a stock in free fall to recover?

Yes, it is possible for a stock to recover from a free fall. This can happen if the company releases positive news or takes steps to improve its financial performance. However, there are no guarantees and it is important for investors to carefully consider their options before making any decisions.

5. What should investors do if they own stock on Kerry during a free fall?

If an investor owns stock on Kerry during a free fall, it is important to stay calm and not make any rash decisions. It is advisable to consult with a financial advisor and closely monitor the market and the company's performance. It may also be wise to diversify investments and not put all eggs in one basket.

Back