How Can I Create a Functional Omnitrix Replica?

In summary, an expert summarizer is looking for help with a replica of the Omnitrix watch from the show, which has a dial that needs to pop up and rotate, and buttons that light up in response to commands.
EnderKing101rs
Hiya, I'm an... Ameture I guess you could call it, and I'm trying to make this prop/cosplay/replica watch thay has odd requirements. It's hard to explain, probably due to my, newness to the craft.
If it helps the device I'm trying to replicate is called the Omnitrix. Able to do anything but transform you, i hope it to be anyway.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi. What is it that you're wanting help with exactly? Are you wanting a working mechanical device, or just something that has a certain 'look' to it?

EnderKing101rs said:
Omnitrix
From Google Images search:

1636725634244.png

Drakkith said:
Hi. What is it that you're wanting help with exactly? Are you wanting a working mechanical device, or just something that has a certain 'look' to it?
Kinda both. My main issue involves the dial of the watch.

EnderKing101rs said:
Kinda both. My main issue involves the dial of the watch.
Okay. So what about it? You need to be specific. Most of us here aren't cosplayers and none of us are mind readers. :wink:

Sorry, hard to explain. What I want is to make a screen accurate replica of the classic series Omnitrix, able to do what is seen on the show. The dial is able to pop up and rotate, the face of the dial is able to change in response, and the 4 green dots are buttons. Due to how the show is the dial is too big for it to rest inside the Omnitrix so I need it to collapse. For the dial altering, imma use a screen, for the brains, either Bluetooth or some kind of wireless link to the "omnibrain", a pack that sits on your belts and such. The dial poping in and out is the main issue.

Well, this is well outside my skills, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out. Hopefully others here on PF can assist you.

Likes EnderKing101rs
Drakkith said:
Well, this is well outside my skills, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out. Hopefully others here on PF can assist you.
Thanks you for replying at least

Likes Drakkith
This video shows how a perfect copy of a pressure dial was created for restoration. He did it by scanning the old one, photoshopping the image, then printing a new one on a silk screen. It's a lot of work, but you could do something similar. Depending on the quality you want, you may be able to use a printed copy rather than silk screen painting.

Here's a video that shows roughly what I mean

So you want a video screen on the watch? It sounds like an app for an Apple Watch .

anorlunda said:
So you want a video screen on the watch? It sounds like an app for an Apple Watch .
Not quite. Out of All the versions of the Omnitrix, it's the most doable I just am having trouble figuring out the dial action.

EnderKing101rs said:
Not quite. Out of All the versions of the Omnitrix, it's the most doable I just am having trouble figuring out the dial action.
You are posting nonsense so far. Your thread is locked temporarily. Please send me a message (click on my avatar and "Start a conversation") to explain your goal in more detail. There is no need to waste dozens of helpers' time with each of your vacuous posts.

1. What is the "Omnitrix"?

The "Omnitrix" is a fictional device from the animated television series Ben 10. It is a powerful watch-like device that allows the wearer to transform into various alien creatures.

2. How does the "Omnitrix" work?

The "Omnitrix" works by scanning the DNA of the alien species that the wearer wishes to transform into. It then allows the wearer to access the abilities and appearance of that alien form.

3. Is the "Omnitrix" based on real technology?

No, the "Omnitrix" is purely a fictional device created for the Ben 10 series. However, it is inspired by the concept of shape-shifting and the idea of merging technology with biological abilities.

4. Can the "Omnitrix" be used in real life?

No, the "Omnitrix" is a fictional device and cannot be used in real life. However, there are real-life technologies being developed that allow for DNA manipulation and shape-shifting abilities, but they are still in the early stages of research and development.

5. How does the "Omnitrix" relate to scientific research?

The "Omnitrix" relates to scientific research in the sense that it explores the possibilities of merging technology with biological abilities. It also sparks curiosity and imagination, which can inspire young minds to pursue science and technology in the future.