String Theory hit the music scene

In summary, the conversation is about a video on a blog that incorporates concepts from string theory into a song. The initial reaction is one of surprise and amusement, but as the conversation progresses, it turns to criticism and disbelief at the quality of the performance. However, one person argues that if the focus is on the concept rather than the execution, it can be seen as funny. The conversation ends with a joke about starting a band.
Kalimaa23
This is pretty funny...

http://stringschool.blogspot.com/2006/04/string-theory-hits-music-scene.html

Never tought I'd hear the words supersymmetry, brane or the concept of 11 dimensions in a song :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
wow, that sucks so bad, its not even funny...:frown:

I agree.
That sucks insanely. It's horrible. That man shouldn't be allowed to sing...

If you try to focus on the concept rather than the actual performance it's funny... I only watched about 60s of that movie

Dimitri Terryn said:
If you try to focus on the concept rather than the actual performance it's funny... I only watched about 60s of that movie

Liar, I know you were singing along. :rolleyes: :smile:

yeah, i didn't watch the whole thing. but hey, after listening to that, i think my prospects of starting a band are much better.

Related to String Theory hit the music scene

1. What is String Theory?

String Theory is a theoretical framework in physics that explains the fundamental nature of particles and their interactions by viewing them as tiny, vibrating strings instead of point-like objects.

2. How did String Theory impact the music scene?

String Theory's connection to music is largely metaphorical. The concept of "vibrating strings" in String Theory has been used by musicians and artists to explore the relationship between sound and the physical world.

3. Can String Theory be proven through music?

No, String Theory is a scientific theory that is still being studied and tested by physicists. While it has inspired artistic expression, it is not a proven concept in the realm of music.

4. Are there any musicians or bands that incorporate String Theory into their music?

Yes, there are some musicians and bands that have been influenced by String Theory, including the band The String Theory and composer Eric Whitacre. However, this influence is often more conceptual rather than directly incorporating the theory into their music.

5. Is there any scientific evidence linking String Theory and music?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support a direct link between String Theory and music. However, the concept of vibrating strings in String Theory has led to new insights in the study of acoustics and musical instruments.