Subscribe to Threads Without Posting?

• Thread starter Mentallic
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to subscribe to a thread without actually having to post. This can be done by clicking on the "Thread Tools" button and selecting the "subscribe to this thread" option. However, some users may experience issues with unsubscribing from a thread and continue to receive email notifications. In this case, clearing the cache and cookies may help, but it's ultimately up to the forum's technical team to fix the issue.
Mentallic
Homework Helper
Is it possible to subscribe to a thread without actually having to post? I often find good questions being asked that I want to also know the answer to and have no additional useful information to give, so I'd rather not post simply saying nothing useful to subscribe.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mentallic said:
Is it possible to subscribe to a thread without actually having to post?
Definitely. Look for the pull down menu titled "Thread Tools". Click on "subscribe to this thread".

There's a "subscribe to this thread" option in the "Thread tools" button. That button is found on the first post and every (16x+1)th post thereafter.

Edit: Doc was a minute faster :smile:

Last edited:
Oh my! I've only ever glanced over that title bar, I think I've always assumed it to be advertisements, not sure though. Anyway, thanks :smile:

And lisab, I think you mean (15x+1)th posts :-p 15 posts to a page hehe.
Weird how we've been here so long and still fail to notice such obvious aspects of the forum!

This is regarding unsubscribing to a thread. I recently unsubscribed to one, and I continue to get e-mail notices that new posts have been made to it.

Rhody...

rhody said:
This is regarding unsubscribing to a thread. I recently unsubscribed to one, and I continue to get e-mail notices that new posts have been made to it.

Rhody...
Try clearing your cache and clearing cookies. Unsubscribe again and see if that fixes it.

Evo said:
Try clearing your cache and clearing cookies. Unsubscribe again and see if that fixes it.

Evo,

Thanks, I will try that.

Rhody...

rhody said:
Evo,

Thanks, I will try that.

Rhody...

Evo,

The Ghost's of PF won't allow it. I tried everything. Unsubscibing does not work, and has not in the past. I use Firefox, 3.6.8. No big deal, a minor PITA.

Rhody...

Related to Subscribe to Threads Without Posting?

1. What is "Subscribe to Threads Without Posting"?

"Subscribe to Threads Without Posting" is a feature that allows users to receive notifications for updates on a particular thread without having to actively participate in the discussion by posting a comment or reply.

2. How do I subscribe to a thread without posting?

To subscribe to a thread without posting, simply click on the "subscribe" button located at the top or bottom of the thread. This will enable you to receive notifications for any new updates on the thread.

3. Can I unsubscribe from a thread without posting?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from a thread without posting by clicking on the "unsubscribe" button located next to the "subscribe" button. This will stop any further notifications for updates on the thread.

4. Will I still be able to see the thread if I subscribe without posting?

Yes, you will still be able to see the thread even if you subscribe without posting. Subscribing to a thread does not affect your ability to view or access the thread, it simply enables you to receive notifications for updates.

5. Can I subscribe to multiple threads without posting?

Yes, you can subscribe to multiple threads without posting. You can subscribe to as many threads as you want and manage your subscriptions through your account settings.