Suppositional Hydrolic control

In summary, the conversation discusses doubts about understanding the concept of hydraulic flow and the possibility of stopping it in a mechanical actuator. The individual mentions having read a lot of information on inductance coupling and having a design for a motor control array. However, the other person asks for clearer explanation of the problem. It is suggested that hydraulic fluid cannot be stopped once it starts flowing due to viscosity.
BrockLee
I have considered myself versed on a topic as broad as hydrolic and recently came to doubt myself on a simple idea of what it takes to actuate a hydrolic flow between a junction of two piston's, so taking in mind the simple shape in the image Could this be stopped once the flow is pushing only slightly into an expanding cylinder and what kind of current flow are we talking about, I have just read a literal ton of information on the inductance coupling and have the design for an inductive(single wire) motor control array(I'd be happy to share).
hydroAct.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
Your posting does not make any sense at all . Please try to explain the problem more clearly .

hydrolic fluid probably cannot be stopped once it has started flowing through this simple mechanical actuator. My math says viscosity prohibits it.

BrockLee said:
...Hydrolic...
Hello BrockLee... I think the correct technical spelling is Hydraulic.[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :oldsmile:

Last edited:
Likes Rx7man

1. What is suppositional hydraulic control?

Suppositional hydraulic control is a method of controlling fluid flow using a hypothetical or assumed set of conditions. It involves creating a theoretical model to predict the behavior of a hydraulic system and using that information to make adjustments and optimize performance.

2. How does suppositional hydraulic control work?

Suppositional hydraulic control works by using theoretical calculations and simulations to determine the best settings for a hydraulic system. This could include adjusting pressure, flow rates, or valve positions to optimize efficiency and performance.

3. What are the benefits of using suppositional hydraulic control?

The main benefit of suppositional hydraulic control is improved efficiency and performance. By using theoretical models to make adjustments, the system can operate at its optimal level, saving energy and reducing wear and tear on components. This can also lead to cost savings in the long run.

4. Are there any limitations to suppositional hydraulic control?

One limitation of suppositional hydraulic control is that it relies on theoretical models, which may not always accurately reflect real-world conditions. Environmental factors, wear and tear on components, and other variables can impact the performance of a hydraulic system, making the theoretical model less effective.

5. How is suppositional hydraulic control different from traditional hydraulic control?

Traditional hydraulic control involves making adjustments based on real-time data and physical measurements, whereas suppositional hydraulic control uses theoretical models and predictions to make adjustments. This means that traditional control is reactive, while suppositional control is proactive and can anticipate and prevent potential issues.