Suspending a Speaker: What is T in each cable

In summary, the problem involves finding the value of T in the equation 2Tsin(26.85°)=166.77N, but there was an error in calculating the angle, leading to an incorrect solution response. The correct solution is 17g*3.1/(2*1.4).
pemby
1. The problem statement, all variables, and given/known data
ip6TZvn.png

Homework Equations

Assuming standard coordinates, Net forces in the x plane are 0, by
Clxg7wc.png

The Attempt at a Solution

I have worked out that

[tex]\arcsin { \left( \frac { 1.4 }{ 3.1 } \right) } =\quad 26.8{ 5 }°\\ loud\quad speaker\quad =\quad wg\quad =\quad 166.77\quad N\\ 2T\sin { \left( 26.8{ 5 }° \right) \quad =\quad 166.77 } N\\ T\quad =\quad 84.2824[/tex]

Masteringphysics returning with an incorrect solution response and is giving me this piece of information.

xI11CSA.png

I do not understand what this error implies.
I have tried;

[tex]\\ T\sin { \left( 26.8{ 5 }° \right) \quad =\quad 166.77 } N\\ \\ \\ T\sin { \left( \frac { 1 }{ 2 } 26.8{ 5 }° \right) \quad =\quad 166.77 } N\\ \\ T2\sin { \left( 26.8{ 5 }° \right) \quad =\quad \frac { 166.77\quad N }{ 2 } } [/tex]

Attachments

• ip6TZvn.png
    ip6TZvn.png
    24 KB · Views: 910
  • Clxg7wc.png
    Clxg7wc.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 783
  • xI11CSA.png
    xI11CSA.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 424
Physics news on Phys.org
Radians v. degrees.

Sorry, can you expand a bit more? I understand the difference but not in the context of this question.

pemby said:
sin(26.85°)
What value did you get for that?

haruspex said:
What value did you get for that?

pemby said:
Then I do not see how you could have got that final answer. You had
pemby said:
2Tsin(26.85°)=166.77N
Maybe you halved twice?

Thanks. it was reading my degrees as radians. I tricked my self by not double checking!

pemby said:
Thanks. it was reading my degrees as radians. I tricked my self by not double checking!
OK.

Btw, you can often avoid figuring out the angle. In the present case, you wanted sin(θ), which is h/l, so the accurate answer is 17g*3.1/(2*1.4).

Related to Suspending a Speaker: What is T in each cable

1. What does "suspending a speaker" mean?

"Suspending a speaker" refers to hanging or mounting a speaker from the ceiling or a wall instead of placing it on a stand or on the ground. This method is often used in large venues or events to achieve better sound distribution and coverage.

2. What is T in each cable used for suspending a speaker?

T is the tensile strength of a cable, which is a measure of the maximum amount of tension the cable can withstand before breaking. In the context of suspending a speaker, T in each cable is important for ensuring that the cables can support the weight of the speaker without breaking or causing any safety hazards.

3. How do I determine the appropriate T for suspending a speaker?

The appropriate T for suspending a speaker depends on the weight of the speaker and the length of the cable. It is recommended to consult with a professional or refer to the speaker's manual for specific guidelines. Generally, a higher T is needed for heavier speakers and longer cables.

4. What type of cable is best for suspending a speaker?

The type of cable used for suspending a speaker depends on the specific needs and requirements of the venue or event. Some commonly used types of cables for suspending speakers include steel wire rope, aircraft cable, and synthetic rope. Each type has its own strengths and limitations, so it is important to consider factors such as weight capacity, durability, and flexibility when choosing the right cable.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when suspending a speaker?

Yes, there are several safety precautions to consider when suspending a speaker. It is important to ensure that the cables are securely attached to a stable structure and that they are not overloaded. Regular inspections and maintenance of the cables and mounting hardware are also necessary to prevent accidents. It is recommended to seek professional assistance for the installation and suspension of speakers to ensure safety and proper functionality.