• Thread starter soul_syrup
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Adc Fpga
soul_syrup
TL;DR Summary
can someone help me with this circuitry? I am not an electrical engineer
can someone help me with this circuitry? I am not an electrical engineer
I'm working on a brain/organoid computer interface system, and am trying to find out if the modules in the design will connect properly to eachother, and within the system. the system will be using I2S

how do we connect the cyclone IV fpga, using I2S, to the PCM1802 module?
how do we connect the cyclone IV fpga, using I2S, to the CS4344 module?

fpga board
PCM1802 module connectors
PCM1802 module connectors
PCM1802 module top view
CS4344 module connectors
CS4344 module connectors
CS4344 module schematic

here is the documentation, along with some other links: https://github.com/Unlimited-Resear...V0.9/BCI-V.09/V0.9.1/BCI_V0.9.1_documentation

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-11-10 18-34-14.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 18-34-14.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-02-49.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-02-49.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-04-02.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-04-02.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-03-40.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-03-40.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-23-03.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-23-03.png
    68 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-21-16.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-21-16.png
    45 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-19-28.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-10 17-19-28.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 36
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

soul_syrup said:
I am not an electrical engineer
I'm working on a brain/organoid computer interface system,
So are you a biomedical engineer instead? What is the context of this question?

soul_syrup said:
TL;DR Summary: can someone help me with this circuitry? I am not an electrical engineer

within the system. the system will be using I2S
Do you mean the I2C serial bus interface standard? If not, what is I2S?

What is Synthetic Intelligence (bio+silicon) system circuitry design?

Synthetic Intelligence (bio+silicon) system circuitry design refers to the creation of computational architectures that integrate biological components, such as neurons, with traditional silicon-based electronic components. This interdisciplinary approach aims to leverage the advantages of biological systems, like adaptability and efficiency, with the robustness and scalability of electronic systems, enhancing processing capabilities and energy efficiency.

How does the integration of biological and silicon components work in these systems?

In synthetic intelligence systems combining bio and silicon elements, the integration typically involves interfacing biological neurons or tissues with microelectronic devices. This is achieved through the use of microfluidic devices, biocompatible interfaces, or advanced nanotechnology that can both stimulate the biological components and record their activity. The signals from the biological components are then converted into electronic signals that can be processed by silicon-based circuits, facilitating a hybrid form of data processing.

What are the main challenges in designing bio+silicon synthetic intelligence systems?

One of the primary challenges in designing these systems is achieving reliable and stable interfaces between biological and silicon components. Biological systems operate in wet, chemical environments, while electronic systems do not, which can lead to compatibility issues. Longevity and stability of biological components, signal translation fidelity, and managing the different operational speeds of biological versus electronic components also pose significant challenges.

What potential applications are there for synthetic intelligence systems?

Synthetic intelligence systems have potential applications in various fields including robotics, where they could provide more adaptive and efficient control systems; medicine, particularly in creating advanced prosthetics and neural interfaces; and computing, where they could lead to the development of highly efficient and powerful bio-inspired processors and sensors.

What are the ethical considerations involved in synthetic intelligence research?

The blending of biological and electronic components in synthetic intelligence raises several ethical questions. These include concerns about the manipulation of living tissues, the potential creation of sentient or semi-sentient systems, and the broader implications of such technologies on privacy, security, and societal norms. Ensuring responsible research and development, guided by ethical principles and regulatory frameworks, is crucial in addressing these concerns.

Back