Tasty Pies: Revealing Your Favorite Pie Variety

• Thread starter MIT00100
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation started with the question of favorite types of pie, and a variety of responses were given. Some mentioned traditional pies such as pecan, pumpkin, and cherry, while others shared unique options like a square pie with side pi or a cockney pie and mash with minced beef. Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory was also mentioned as a top dessert choice, along with chicken and ham pie and a Melton Mowbray pork pie. Fruit pies like blueberry, strawberry-rhubarb, and blackberry were also popular choices. Some individuals preferred pies made from scratch, with homemade fillings like pumpkin or wild strawberries. Overall, the conversation highlighted the wide variety of delicious and unique options when it comes to
MIT00100
What is your favorite type of pie?

Physics news on Phys.org
A square one with side pi, it's easier to cut in 6, or to make square pieces with an infinite number of guests.

humanino said:
A square one with side pi, it's easier to cut in 6, or to make square pieces with an infinite number of guests.

:smile:.

Pecan is good, but way, way too many calories :eek:.

Apple, cherry, strawberry, pumpkin...hmm, think I'll go with pumpkin.

Mmmm, pie :smile:.

I love cherry pie and blueberry and of course, chocolate.

Cheesecake Factory makes cheesecakes that are the greatest desserts I've ever had in my life however. It's like being shot point blank in the face with a taste-shotgun and then falling into a giant black hole of taste where your taste molecules were torn apart by the infinite magnitude Taste field.

I recommend them.

Peas and carrots.

Some chicken, not alot. Not chunks of chicken. Pounded stips of chicken. Or beef. Beef could work.

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
I love cherry pie and blueberry and of course, chocolate.

Cheesecake Factory makes cheesecakes that are the greatest desserts I've ever had in my life however. It's like being shot point blank in the face with a taste-shotgun and then falling into a giant black hole of taste where your taste molecules were torn apart by the infinite magnitude Taste field.

I recommend them.

You need to be linking to refereed journal articles when making claims like that here. You know that!

Dang, why am I suddenly salivating...?

A traditional cockney pie and mash, the pie containing minced beef.Served with liquor(a parsley sauce) it is a gourmets delight.If you haven't tried it get down to London now.As for sweets, you can't beat a gooseberry pie.

Chicken and ham, I've posted the recipe up here before. I'm going to make it today.

Or a proper Melton Mowbray pork pie.

brewnog said:
Chicken and ham, I've posted the recipe up here before. I'm going to make it today.

Or a proper Melton Mowbray pork pie.

Ah Melton Mowbray pork pie.Yummy.

<agonised groan here>

<wiping drool off keyboard here>

Favorite pies would have to include:

blueberry, apple, pumpkin, cherry, and strawberry rhubarb.

My favourite is the chicken pies made by our local IGA bakery. I used to eat at least one or two every day, but can't afford them any more. It has an awesome crust, some peas and carrot bits, nice gravy-like sauce, and about 1/4 of a roasted chicken chopped into bite-size pieces. It's about the same size as a standard egg carton, but more square, so it just makes a nice substantial meal. I used to load it down with cumin, onion powder and salt (and still do occasionally), but more often I'll pour on about 1/4 jar of salsa.
If the subject is dessert-type pies, I pretty much never eat them. My favourite of those is lemon, although I'm sure that I'd prefer lime if I ever had a chance to try it. At least, I prefer lime over lemon for chomping after a tequila shot or for using as a juice mix in drinks.

My wife makes pumpkin pies from scratch (first get a pie-pumpkin!) that are to die for. I'm a sucker for strawberry-rhubarb, too, especially served hot with a scoop of French vanilla ice-cream on top.

turbo-1 said:
My wife makes pumpkin pies from scratch (first get a pie-pumpkin!) that are to die for. I'm a sucker for strawberry-rhubarb, too, especially served hot with a scoop of French vanilla ice-cream on top.

Omg your making me die here. I feel like running to my grandmas and getting her to whip up some stawberry-rhubarb pie for me. And I assume when you say from scratch you mean everything including the filling right? That's awesome I have never seen someone do that before.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. (Not one of my best productions.)

"[URL=http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pf2jb.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! said:
Omg your making me die here. I feel like running to my grandmas and getting her to whip up some stawberry-rhubarb pie for me. And I assume when you say from scratch you mean everything including the filling right? That's awesome I have never seen someone do that before.
Yes! with wild strawberries, not farm-picked or bought.

I prefer a pie that is circular and has a radius of 1.

turbo-1 said:
Yes! with wild strawberries, not farm-picked or bought.

Now we're talking. Folks we have a winner.

Blackberry. Blackberries were always in season around my birthday (and grew wild in the vacant lot next door)... so I'd often have blackberry pie instead of birthday cake. Mmm.

Related to Tasty Pies: Revealing Your Favorite Pie Variety

1. What is the most popular pie variety?

The most popular pie variety varies depending on location and personal preference, but some of the most commonly loved pies include apple, pumpkin, cherry, and pecan.

2. What makes a pie "tasty"?

The taste of a pie is subjective, but generally a tasty pie has a well-balanced flavor profile, a flaky and buttery crust, and high quality ingredients.

3. How can I make my own tasty pie at home?

To make a tasty pie at home, start with a good recipe and high quality ingredients. Follow the recipe closely and make sure to measure ingredients accurately. Don't overwork the dough and make sure to bake the pie for the correct amount of time at the right temperature.

4. Are there any unique or uncommon pie varieties that are surprisingly tasty?

Yes, there are many unique and uncommon pie varieties that are surprisingly tasty. Some examples include key lime pie, sweet potato pie, and peach raspberry pie.

5. Can I make a tasty pie without using traditional ingredients like flour and sugar?

Yes, there are many alternative pie recipes that use gluten-free flours and natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. These pies can still be tasty with the right balance of flavors and textures.