Tensile test machine and Extensometer -- connection problems

In summary, the person is seeking help with using an extensometer for their tensile test on Glass-fiber composite using a Tinius Olsen 602 machine. They have connected the extensometer through an ethernet cable but it is not recognized by the software, causing the strain to come from the crosshead displacement. They are asking for guidance on how to conduct the test with the extensometer and appreciate any help given. They are advised to contact the customer technical services of Tinius Olsen and Epsilon for specific assistance.
engkhaled
TL;DR Summary
I am using tensile test machine, Tinius Olsen 602 to conduct a tensile test for Glass-fiber composite. I am facing problem of using an extensometer from Epsilon (gage length is 25 mm).I have connected the extensometer to the tensile test machine(Tinius Olsen 602) through the ethernet cable but it is still not recognized by the software . the Software that belongs the machine is Horizon .could you please guide me towards the necessary procedures to conduct the tensile test with the extensometer.
Dear friends
i am using tensile test machine, tinius olsen 602 to conduct a tensile test for Glass-fiber composite. i am facing problem of using an extensometer from Epsilon (gage length is 25 mm). I have connected the extensometer to the tensile test machine(tinius olsen 602) through the ethernet cable but it is still not recognized by the software and the strain comes from the crosshead displacement. the Software that belongs the machine is Horizon . could you please help me out and guide me towards the necessary procedures to conduct the tensile test with the extensometer.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

khalid

Engineering news on Phys.org

What is a tensile test machine and extensometer?

A tensile test machine is a device used to measure the strength and elasticity of materials by subjecting them to tension. An extensometer is a device used to measure the change in length of a material under tension.

How are the tensile test machine and extensometer connected?

The extensometer is typically connected to the tensile test machine through a series of clamps and grips. The clamps hold the extensometer in place, while the grips hold the material being tested. The extensometer is then connected to the machine through wires or cables.

What are some common connection problems with the tensile test machine and extensometer?

Some common connection problems include loose or damaged wires, misaligned clamps or grips, and faulty connections between the extensometer and the machine. These issues can lead to inaccurate readings or even equipment malfunction.

How can connection problems with the tensile test machine and extensometer be resolved?

The first step is to check all connections and make sure they are secure and properly aligned. If there are any damaged wires or components, they should be replaced. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to consult the manufacturer or a professional for further assistance.

Why is it important to properly connect the tensile test machine and extensometer?

The accuracy of the test results depends on the proper connection between the machine and the extensometer. Any issues with the connection can lead to incorrect readings and compromise the validity of the test. Proper connection also ensures the safety of the operator and prevents equipment damage.