Test generator software for HS physics

In summary, the HS math teacher is taking over some physics classes and is looking for a physics test generator software. They have used software for math subjects in the past, such as Kuta Software, but have not found any reliable options for physics. They have done a Google search and found several packages, but they either do not have the desired features or are too expensive.
A.Magnus
I am a HS math teacher, in the coming months, I was told I will be taking over some physics classes. Although I am also certified in physics but I never taught physics before. So here is my question:

Do you know of any physics test generator software out there? To give you an idea, for math subjects such as geometry, algebra and calculus, I have been using software to generate homework and exam questions, one software that I have been using very often is Kuta Software, you can see it in its site here.

Thank you very much for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you done a Google search? I used the search string "physics test generation software" and found several packages.

jedishrfu said:
Have you done a Google search? I used the search string "physics test generation software" and found several packages.
Thanks. I did, but if you click on them one by one, it is not there. Some of them are advertisement for test-maker or quiz-generator, one of them is for college-level physics textbook Conceptual Physics by Paul G. Hewitt. Only one is for HS level physics, ExamGen. But ExamGen is notorious for its exorbitant price, $600 - $700 a piece, and it produces only compilation of pdf files, it is not capable of scrambling or randomizing test items, etc. Thanks again for your response though.

Related to Test generator software for HS physics

What is test generator software for HS physics?

Test generator software for HS physics is a computer program that is designed to create custom tests and quizzes for high school physics courses. It allows teachers to select specific topics and concepts to test students on, and can generate multiple versions of the same test to prevent cheating.

How does test generator software for HS physics work?

Test generator software for HS physics works by using a database of questions and answers related to high school physics. The teacher can select specific topics and difficulty levels, and the software will randomly generate a test based on the criteria. Some software also allows teachers to input their own questions and answers for a more personalized test.

What are the benefits of using test generator software for HS physics?

There are several benefits to using test generator software for HS physics. It saves teachers time and effort in creating tests, as well as providing a variety of questions and formats. It also allows for more efficient grading and can help identify areas where students may need more practice.

Are there any drawbacks to using test generator software for HS physics?

One potential drawback of using test generator software for HS physics is that it may not accurately reflect the specific curriculum or teaching style of the teacher. It also relies heavily on multiple choice and short answer questions, which may not fully assess a student's understanding of the material.

Can test generator software for HS physics be used for other subjects?

While test generator software is primarily designed for HS physics, it can also be used for other subjects such as math, chemistry, and biology. However, the questions and formats may need to be adjusted to fit the specific subject material. It is always best to check with the software provider for compatibility with other subjects.