The 2014 PF Member Awards are coming

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the PF Member Awards are coming back for 2014 and will be hosted by Public Polls. There will be a talent show and a wild party in Vegas on New Year's Eve.
The often imitated but never duplicated PF Member Awards are coming back for 2014! Public polls open on December 15th and will close December 29th.

You have 13 days to make an impression. Go!

Physics news on Phys.org
In order to spotlight members who wouldn't otherwise be seen, I'm going to host a talent show. No bears allowed.

*Grabs a clipboard*

Go.

Drakkith said:
In order to spotlight members who wouldn't otherwise be seen, I'm going to host a talent show
Talent show or Freak show? :D What are the activities?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Talent show or Freak show?
He said "no bears"; that rules out the talent part.

Likes Drakkith
Greg Bernhardt said:
You have 13 days to make an impression. Go!
Seriously, this is not a presidential rally. People had a whole year to make impressions, and flashing their metaphorical boobs to garner attention now is not going to work.

By the way, did I tell you I'm hosting a wild party in Vegas on New Year's Eve?* Everyone who votes for the only frumious member of the forum (in all categories) is invited. Complimentary doughnuts. Public drawing and quartering of a certain young Canadian pop star. Free punch.
OuW40Px.gif
*Quality, time, location and veracity subject to change. May not contain actual parties.

Likes Drakkith and Greg Bernhardt
Bandersnatch said:
Public drawing and quartering of a certain young Canadian pop star.
I'm in!

Drakkith said:
... I'm going to host a talent show. No bears allowed.
How about dogs?

Arf !

Greg Bernhardt said:
Only brown ones :p
Bah humbug !

phinds said:
How about dogs?

Arf !

Sorry, the show falls on a vet day!

Can we have a grumpiness award this year? Awarded for notorious dryness, empathic frugality, and going above and beyond the call of duty of a PF member in handing out scoffs.
I could nominate a member or two off the top of me head.

Bandersnatch said:
Can we have a grumpiness award this year? Awarded for notorious dryness, empathic frugality, and going above and beyond the call of duty of a PF member in handing out scoffs.
I could nominate a member or two off the top of me head.
I see what you'e doing here. Well played my friend, well played. You just got yourself nominated for Best Humor :D

But sir! You imply I had base reasons for saying that, whereas I just wanted phinds to finally win something.

Now excuse me, as I must work on my acceptance speech.

Bandersnatch said:
Can we have a grumpiness award this year? .
OOH ... Great idea. I nominate ME !

Likes Bandersnatch and Greg Bernhardt
Bandersnatch said:
Can we have a grumpiness award this year?
Oh! Please, Greg... please! I'm a natural. I don't even have to work at it. Hell, I'm not even awake most of the time that I'm on PF. Like now, for instance; I'm in the middle of a really nice dream about Roxanne back in the 70's, and for some reason am typing while... well, doing other things... go away, damn it!
I'm non-discriminatory; I hate everyone, so the prize should just go to me without contest.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Poll will be up tomorrow. I ran out of time today.
PROCRASTINATOR :p

I believe what phinds wants to say is that people want to vote ... :D

Orodruin said:
Are you sure? I thought that he was lobbying for the Procrastinator ribbon. :oldconfused:

Orodruin said:
Nah, I was just saying that we should give Greg a hard time just on general principles ;)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
wait .. wait.. whoa whoa whoa.. I am new.. What is this ? Award ? sure, try me .. what you got to do ? Dance and record with your pants down ? I got this, m8.

phinds said:
Nah, I was just saying that we should give Greg a hard time just on general principles ;)

I will suggest the entire mentor team to go on a strike for bad working conditions then! Doing hard dirty labour without any salary or job security! Where are the unions when you need them?! What are we going to do if Greg decides he does not want us any more?! We cannot just go and moderate another forum ... Pitchforks and torches! Who is with me?! :devil::biggrin:

Edit: Speaking of procrastination, I usually do not write in British English, but I am too lazy to change the default setting and turn auto-correction off on my new Mac ...

Every fairy tale needs a valiant hero who slays the evil dragon! Since jedishrfu is the newest, we send him in first. :P

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Did you forget @ZapperZ got me a secret weapon?

16e3ecb134b8efdff20c163f2d3e55cd_zps37878e6e.jpg
Mother of God... You stole one of Daenerys' dragons..

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Nah, dragons in ASoIaF have two legs. This one has four ... uhhm ... wheels ...

Greg Bernhardt said:
Did you forget @ZapperZ got me a secret weapon?

16e3ecb134b8efdff20c163f2d3e55cd_zps37878e6e.jpg

As long as you don't run into this guy.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Poll will be up tomorrow. I ran out of time today.

I was just about to ask about this...

Just to set the bar, a normal Swedish parlament election has a turnout of around 85%, let us see if we can beat it. We only need around 150k votes in each category.

1. What are the PF Member Awards?

The PF Member Awards are an annual event where members of the PF community are recognized and celebrated for their contributions and achievements on the platform.

2. When will the 2014 PF Member Awards take place?

The 2014 PF Member Awards will take place at the end of the year, typically in December. The exact date will be announced closer to the event.

3. How are winners chosen for the PF Member Awards?

Winners are chosen through a combination of community nominations and a voting process. Nominations are open to all members and the final winners are determined by popular vote.

4. Can anyone nominate a member for the PF Member Awards?

Yes, anyone can nominate a member for the PF Member Awards. However, self-nominations are not allowed.

5. What categories are included in the PF Member Awards?

The categories for the PF Member Awards vary from year to year, but typically include recognition for top contributors, most helpful members, and most active members. There may also be special categories for specific achievements or contributions to the community.