What are the differential impacts of climate change across different regions?

• Thread starter rooneysoccer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Climate
In summary: . "why does the climate in my country vary from year to year?" is not about the role of greenhouse gases. it's about meteorology.
rooneysoccer
Hello guys
The climate in my country varies from year to year
Please tell me why ?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
rooneysoccer said:
Hello guys
Please tell me why ?
By definition, climate does not vary year to year. Weather does.
Climate is the set and frequencies of weather patterns that tend to occur over many years, decades at least. How many years is a matter of choice.

Marietta Snell;

Because of the current composition of the greenhouse gases (CO2), which includes methane, water vapor, and some others. It keeps the Earth's average temperature at a comfortable 15 degrees centigrade. Without the methane, water vapor, and the others it would be a very chilly ca. -18 degree.

The greenhouse impact goes about as an indoor regulator, yet today it is on a sharp edge, keeping the world warm yet not very warm.

More than 95 percent of the Earth's climate is comprised of nitrogen and oxygen, neither of which can retain infrared light and are extremely poor ozone-harming substances. Another essential segment of the environment is water vapor, which is an exceptionally successful ozone-depleting substance and retains the greater part of the infrared light reflected off the Earth's surface.

As stated in my Science class, Our atmosphere is being polluted from car exhaust, hairspray and gas burn a hole in the Ozone layer. It makes acid rain as well by sulfur and nitrogen oxide being released into the air and mixing with other chemicals. However, the Ozone is affected causing global warming where the artic melts and the animals eventually die. In some instance, moderate warming and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere may not affect all plants instead it helps it to grow faster.

Marietta Snell said:
greenhouse gases (CO2), which includes methane, water vapor, and some others
You mean "greenhouse gases, including methane, water vapor, CO2 and som others"
Marietta Snell said:
water vapor, which is an exceptionally successful ozone-depleting substance
True, but the significance in the context of global warming is that GW increases the water vapor in the stratosphere, which is where the protective ozone layer sits.
Marietta Snell said:
the Ozone is affected causing global warming
Not so. See https://www.climate.gov/news-featur...-ozone-hole-linked-climate-and-1-way-it-isn’t

Likes davenn and russ_watters
rooneysoccer said:
Hello guys
Please tell me why ?
haruspex said:
By definition, climate does not vary year to year. Weather does.
Climate is the set and frequencies of weather patterns that tend to occur over many years, decades at least. How many years is a matter of choice.
...and without knowing which country or what timeframe, it is impossible for us to say what factors are at work.

Likes davenn and jim mcnamara
russ_watters said:
...and without knowing which country or what timeframe, it is impossible for us to say what factors are at work.
Per Krusell mentioned, it is generally accepted, at least among climate scientists, that emissions from fossil fuels are raising the mean temperature of the Earth and have climate-changing effects. But the differential impacts across regions are far less studied. An understanding of these differential impacts can be critical in climate-change negotiations.

Marietta Snell said:
Per Krusell mentioned, it is generally accepted, at least among climate scientists, that emissions from fossil fuels are raising the mean temperature of the Earth and have climate-changing effects. But the differential impacts across regions are far less studied. An understanding of these differential impacts can be critical in climate-change negotiations.

you totally missed the point of question posed in the text you quoted

1. What is the average temperature in my country?

The average temperature in a country can vary greatly depending on its location and geography. It is best to consult with local weather authorities or climate organizations for accurate and up-to-date information on the average temperature in your country.

2. How does climate change affect my country?

Climate change can have a wide range of effects on a country, including changes in temperature, precipitation patterns, and extreme weather events. It can also impact agriculture, natural resources, and human health. The specific effects on a country will depend on its location and vulnerability to climate change.

3. Is my country contributing to global warming?

Most countries are contributing to global warming to some extent through the emission of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, from human activities like burning fossil fuels. However, the amount of contribution can vary greatly depending on a country's population, economy, and energy usage. It is important for all countries to work together to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate the effects of climate change.

4. How can I help combat climate change in my country?

There are many actions individuals can take to combat climate change in their country, such as reducing energy consumption, using renewable energy sources, and advocating for government policies that support climate action. It is also important to educate yourself and others about the issue and to support organizations and initiatives that are working towards a more sustainable future.

5. Will my country experience more severe weather events due to climate change?

Climate change is expected to increase the frequency and intensity of severe weather events, such as hurricanes, floods, and droughts. However, the specific impact on a country will depend on its location and vulnerability. It is important for countries to prepare for and adapt to these changes, as well as work towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate the effects of climate change.