The Combination Of Philosophy And Quantum Physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of Panpsychism being supported or violated by quantum physics principles. The speakers express uncertainty and curiosity about whether there is any evidence for or against this idea. They also acknowledge the limitations of their own knowledge and lack of examples. Ultimately, it is acknowledged that this question falls outside the scope of the conversation since Panpsychism is a philosophical concept rather than a scientific one.
Chris Nimmons
TL;DR Summary
Does Panpsynchism hold up to the test of quantum physics?
Is there any evidence that Panpsychism may hold its own in the quantum world? What quantum physics principals violate the ideology of Panpsychism? This is meant to be fun. I am curious what other people think.

Physics news on Phys.org
Chris Nimmons said:
Is there any evidence that Panpsychism may hold its own in the quantum world?
No.
But then again, it’s hard to imagine anything that could be interpreted as evidence... maybe if you could suggest the sorts of things that you might consider evidence in support of panpsychism?

I was hoping that would be decided by the reader. Your question is a great question. I don't have an example. I am looking for examples. You don't know what you don't know. I was hoping someone smarter than I am would be able to think of some.

Chris Nimmons said:
What quantum physics principals violate the ideology of Panpsychism?

Such a question is out of scope for this forum. Panpsychism is philosophy, not physics.

Thread closed.

Likes vanhees71 and Chris Nimmons