The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss?

• Thread starter physicscrap
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation is discussing how many people may post while under the influence of alcohol and how it can lead to regrettable or embarrassing posts. One person shares their personal rule of not posting after drinking, while another adds to the list of things not to do while intoxicated.
physicscrap
With all the brains about. I know most of you drink to your misery. Ignorance is bliss eh?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
physicscrap said:
With all the brains about. I know most of you drink to your misery. Igornace is bliss eh?
I wonder. A couple people in the past admitted to posting while they were plastered. I wonder how many do that without admitting it. It would explain a lot to me if I found out some people had a few beers or a couple glasses of wine in them when they posted certain things.

I have a personal rule. No posting after a few glasses of wine. Doh!

berkeman said:
I have a personal rule. No posting after a few glasses of wine. Doh!

Right, it's of the things from the "what-not-to-do-list":

drink & dial
drink & type

:tongue:

radou said:
Right, it's of the things from the "what-not-to-do-list":

drink & dial
drink & type

:tongue:

Don't drink and derive.

1. What is "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" about?

"The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" is a branch of scientific research that studies the effects of alcohol on decision-making and cognitive abilities. It aims to understand how alcohol consumption influences our perception, judgment, and behavior.

2. What methods are used in "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research?

Various methods are used in "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research, including laboratory experiments, surveys, and field studies. Researchers also use brain imaging techniques such as fMRI to examine the neural mechanisms underlying the effects of alcohol on the brain.

3. What are the potential benefits of "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research?

The benefits of "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research include understanding the risks associated with alcohol use and developing interventions to reduce alcohol-related harm. This research can also inform public policies and guidelines for safe alcohol consumption.

4. How does "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research contribute to the field of science?

"The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research contributes to the field of science by providing insights into the effects of alcohol on the brain and behavior. It also helps to advance our understanding of decision-making processes and cognitive functioning.

5. What are some potential limitations of "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research?

One limitation of "The Drunkard Thread: Ignorance is Bliss" research is that it often relies on self-reported data, which may be biased or inaccurate. Additionally, laboratory studies may not fully replicate real-world situations, and the effects of alcohol may vary depending on individual factors such as age and gender.