The existence of negative gravitational plus positive inertial mass?

In summary, the concept of "negative mass" is occasionally used but can be unclear. Physicists have theories about particles with both negative gravitational mass and positive inertial mass, but this is currently considered speculation and requires further research and evidence. The effective mass tensor can have negative entries, but mass itself cannot be negative. More research and evidence is needed to fully understand the concept of negative mass.
tade
The term “negative mass” gets puts forth occasionally, and it’s definitions can sometimes be unclear.

the topic I’m interested in is particles which have both positive inertial mass and negative gravitational mass.

So far, what theories do physicists have of speculating on the existence of such particles?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well mass cannot be negative, but the effective mass tensor can have negative entries.

MathematicalPhysicist said:
Well mass cannot be negative, but the effective mass tensor can have negative entries.
which mass are you referring to?

i‘m referring to particles with negative gravitational mass and positive inertial mass

tade said:
The term “negative mass” gets puts forth occasionally, and it’s definitions can sometimes be unclear.
Indeed. Please provide a reference what this should be per PM to me.

Until then this thread is closed as pure speculation.