The Mysteries of Earthly Phenomena: NSO Questions Answered

• Thread starter ritwik06
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phenomena
In summary, the first question discusses the distance a man would cover in 1 minute on the moon compared to the earth, despite the difference in gravity. The second question involves a girl of mass 20kg sitting on a see-saw and imparting energy to it, and asks at what height the see-saw will reach from the ground. The third question asks which force would change if there is a reduction in gravitational effect, with the correct option being Archimedes' uplift. The fourth question involves calculating the amount of water drawn by a water pump with a power of 2kW in one minute at a house situated at a height of 10m. The fifth question discusses a ball of mass 1kg dropping from a
ritwik06
1. A man covers 60m distance in 1 minute on the surface of the earth.. Distance he will on the moon in 1 minute will be equal to 60 m even though gravity is low. Why?

2. A girl of mass 20kg sits on the seat of see-saw initially impart an energy 400 J to the see-saw. Then at what height her see-saw will reach from the ground?

3. If there is a reduction in the gravitational effect then which of the following force do you think will change in some respect?
The correct option from some given choices was Archimede's uplift.

How on Earth can happen this?

4. Ramesh's house is situated at a height of 10m. The amount of water drwan by his water pump (power 2kW) in one minute would be_________

5. A ball 'm' of mass 1 kg drops from slab on a sand where it loses its 20% energy. Afterwards it starts moving in the forward direction and comes to rest in 10 s. The distance covered by ball is __________________

These were some question I came across while studying for NSO which I will be giving next year. I have thought about each of these questions earlier also and I have looked for the in my class textbook, but none seems to strike. Please help me soon. I find myself completely at sea to see them. Help Please. Thanx in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you have thoughts, then you should present them.

radou said:
If you have thoughts, then you should present them.

Well, I have already put what I knew...:eek:

All you did was list the questions! At least make an attempt to answer them.

Related to The Mysteries of Earthly Phenomena: NSO Questions Answered

1. What is the NSO and what type of research do they conduct?

The NSO (National Solar Observatory) is a research institution that focuses on studying the Sun and its effects on Earth. They conduct research through various observational and theoretical methods, including ground-based telescopes, space-based instruments, and computer simulations.

2. How does the NSO contribute to our understanding of Earthly phenomena?

The NSO's research on the Sun helps us understand how it affects Earth's climate, weather patterns, and other natural phenomena. By studying the Sun, they can also provide insights into potential impacts on human technology and infrastructure.

3. What are some examples of Earthly phenomena that the NSO studies?

The NSO studies a wide range of phenomena, including solar flares, coronal mass ejections, sunspots, solar wind, and magnetic fields. They also investigate the connections between the Sun and Earth's magnetic field, as well as the Sun's influence on the Earth's climate and weather systems.

4. How does the NSO use technology to unlock the mysteries of Earthly phenomena?

The NSO uses advanced technology, such as high-resolution telescopes and powerful computer simulations, to observe and analyze the Sun's activity and its effects on Earth. They also collaborate with other research institutions and organizations to gather data and share findings.

5. What are some potential practical applications of the NSO's research?

The NSO's research has various practical applications, including predicting and monitoring space weather, understanding the potential effects of solar activity on satellites and power grids, and improving our understanding of climate change. Additionally, their research can inform disaster preparedness and response efforts related to severe weather events caused by solar activity.