The Neocons' Next War: Is This the Beginning of the Next Conflict?

• News
  • Thread starter Skyhunter
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the fear of escalation of conflict in the Middle East and the possibility of the US government providing NSA intelligence to Israel to widen the conflict to include Iran and Syria. The neoconservatives in the administration are described as being enthusiastic about this possibility. The conversation also includes speculation about Israel's actions and the role of conspiracy theories.
Skyhunter
Is this the beginning of the next war?

I had mentioned in another thread that I feared escalation of the conflict in the ME in time to save the Republican majority in the mid-terms. Seems the NSA, at the behest of the neocon cabal is trying to set the stage for Israel to expand from Lebanon to Syria and perhaps Iran.

By secretly providing NSA intelligence to Israel and undermining the hapless Condi Rice, hardliners in the Bush administration are trying to widen the Middle East conflict to Iran and Syria, not stop it

By Sidney Blumenthal
http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2006/08/03/mideast/?source=newsletter

I have been waiting for something to happen to raise the fear level in the American electorate. I know I am paranoid but I can't help but believe that Bushco will go to any lengths to maintain power. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Anyone see a better scenario than this one?

Inside the administration, neoconservatives on Vice President Dick Cheney's national security staff and Elliott Abrams, the neoconservative senior director for the Near East on the National Security Council, are prime movers behind sharing NSA intelligence with Israel, and they have discussed Syrian and Iranian supply activities as a potential pretext for Israeli bombing of both countries, the source privy to conversations about the program says. (Intelligence, including that gathered by the NSA, has been provided to Israel in the past for various purposes.) The neoconservatives are described as enthusiastic about the possibility of using NSA intelligence as a lever to widen the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah and Israel and Hamas into a four-front war.

Will Israel just withdraw from Lebanon when they have satisfied themselves that Hezbollah is finished?

Or will they use whatever intelligence the NSA is supplying them with, and we all know how that intelligence is generated, (see 2003 Iraq WMD spin) to expand the campaign into Syria?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Physics news on Phys.org
Many people must give thanks in the US that Bush can only serve two terms? When he first got in, I was worried, a warmonger and a decidedly hard line backed one at that, oh I admit it I was more than worried I was fearful, when he got in a second time I rolled my eyes, seriously not the internet rolleyes:rolleyes: but a real roll eyes, I could never see GWB as a good presidential candidate, although as many pointed out he was the lesser of two evils(who knows though) That said though and aside from this being a Bush bash that you never see on this site:wink: I do think that your conspiracy theory is a little thread bare, although I've seen some great ones about widespread vote rigging in the second term election, which were in the Rolling Stone Magazine, honestly I was convinced, but sadly no republicans were :biggrin: , now that magazine's not liberally biased right :smile:

My thoughts are that you're fearmongering again. Yes, friendly countries share intelligence, is that news to you?

1. What is "The neocons' next war"?

"The neocons' next war" refers to the concept of a potential future military conflict that is advocated for by members of the neoconservative movement. These individuals are known for their support of aggressive foreign policies and the use of military force to achieve political goals.

2. Who are the neoconservatives?

Neoconservatives are a political movement that emerged in the United States during the 1960s and 1970s. They are known for their hawkish foreign policy views and belief in the use of American military power to promote democracy and American values around the world.

3. What are the motivations behind the neocons' next war?

The motivations behind the neocons' next war vary, but they often include a desire to spread American ideals and values, promote US interests and security, and maintain global dominance. Some also argue that there may be financial or political interests at play.

4. What countries are likely targets for the neocons' next war?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as it is purely speculative. However, some countries that have been suggested as potential targets for a neoconservative-led conflict include Iran, North Korea, and Syria.

5. How likely is it that the neocons' next war will occur?

Again, this is a difficult question to answer definitively. While some argue that the current political climate and the presence of prominent neoconservatives in positions of power make the possibility of a future war more likely, others believe that the consequences of past conflicts and changing global dynamics may make such a scenario less likely.