(This is not a question) Interdisciplinarity

In summary, interdisciplinarity refers to the integration and collaboration of different academic disciplines to address complex problems and create innovative solutions. It involves breaking down traditional boundaries between disciplines and encouraging a holistic approach to learning and research. By bringing together diverse perspectives and methods, interdisciplinarity allows for a more comprehensive understanding of complex issues and offers the potential for groundbreaking discoveries and advancements.
elpibecantina
Hi!
I'm a Computer Science & Engg. BSc. graduate from Paraguay, having followed also 1 1/2 years of Psychology paralelly.

My interest is nothing but understanding the universe, in all its shapes and flavors: physical, mathematical, biological, or our subjective one, etc. Particularly, the latter is what has always puzzled me: how can "food, re-arranged", as the good Max Tegmark says, give rise to consciousness? to perception, processing, storage? why, and how our cognitive processes work the way they do?

In the pursuit of answering these difficult questions, I am currently focused on the study of the brain, because right now I believe there's where I could find significant insights about them.

And another thing, in my family there are very few people with a same degree. It is highly diversified, and perhaps that's a reason why I treasure interdisciplinarity so much. I love it how it let's you have multiple perspectives on a same subject, and how all collaborate towards a same goal.

For those and other personal reasons, a very yearned-for goal of mine is to contribute to science by doing research in the field of Computational Neuroscience. I'm trying to overcome all the limitations I can from my place, and certainly would be happy to help others do the same, and hope to eventually achieve that goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thread locked temporarily for Moderation...

Welcome to the PF, @elpibecantina :smile:

The New Member Introduction forum is for brief introductions.

Please also be sure to review our rules (see INFO at the top of the page). Questons about mainstream science are always welcome at the PF.